GDT: #65 - SABRES at SENATORS – FRI MAR 6 @ 7:30PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Broken Glass

Mr. Hobey Baker
Dec 6, 2013
Buffalo
Actual post from Arizona's tank thread:

"Buffalo has done many things. They actually sent down one of their young D that was playing well because he still was able to do so without going through waivers. Players have said they're not okay with tanking in Buffalo going back to last summer, like Stewart. The league must be embarrassed.

Ted Nolan isn't afraid to rock the boat. Be funny if he or someone else in that organization came out and said they're tanking, forcing the league to take away the pick or make them pick 30th."

:laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 4m4 minutes ago

Lindback at .917 through two games. Stopped 66 of 72. Much better than he was in Dallas. #Sabres
It's infuriating. If our goaltending was even 1/4th as terrible as Arizona's and Edmonton's this would be in the bag and I could actually enjoy watching Forsberg and Hammond give up some of these goals.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

"Buffalo has done many things. They actually sent down one of their young D that was playing well because he still was able to do so without going through waivers. Players have said they're not okay with tanking in Buffalo going back to last summer, like Stewart. The league must be embarrassed.

Ted Nolan isn't afraid to rock the boat. Be funny if he or someone else in that organization came out and said they're tanking, forcing the league to take away the pick or make them pick 30th."

Chris Stewart didn't say anything like that I'm aware of.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007

He is right about the Pysyk point though, luckily the main board & media don't pay attention enough to actually notice that type of stuff.

Everyone talks about Neuvirth, but Psysk not playing in the NHL is an obvious tank move by Murray.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He is right about the Pysyk point though, luckily the main board & media don't pay attention enough to actually notice that type of stuff.

Everyone talks about Neuvirth, but Psysk not playing in the NHL is an obvious tank move by Murray.

Pysyk being up wouldn't change much. I doubt it was a driving force

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
It's infuriating. If our goaltending was even 1/4th as terrible as Arizona's and Edmonton's this would be in the bag and I could actually enjoy watching Forsberg and Hammond give up some of these goals.

It's not the goaltending, its the defense and system.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 4m4 minutes ago

Sabres goalie Chad Johnson might be done for season with lower-body injury, coach Ted Nolan says. Welcome to Buffalo.

ZeroPT*

First time a non Sabres fan mentions Pysyk. That and the Aekera trade are two I'd go after if I were a non Sabres fan with rustled jimmies over tanking.

The league approved the trades and Gary Bettman said what the team isn't doing anything wrong.
But I still have an irrational fear that I wake up and I see
"Confirmed with link, Sabres to pick 30th"

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
First time a non Sabres fan mentions Pysyk. That and the Aekera trade are two I'd go after if I were a non Sabres fan with rustled jimmies over tanking.

The league approved the trades and Gary Bettman said what the team isn't doing anything wrong.
But I still have an irrational fear that I wake up and I see
"Confirmed with link, Sabres to pick 30th"

How was the Sekera trade tanking?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
None if you put it like that.

Not trying to be pedantic either, it just seems like people (such as the Arizona poster in question) read quotes from players like "I don't play to lose" which is a completely generic response to the questions they get and then act like it's players speaking out against Sabres management.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not trying to be pedantic either, it just seems like people (such as the Arizona poster in question) read quotes from players like "I don't play to lose" which is a completely generic response to the questions they get and then act like it's players speaking out against Sabres management.

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad