GDT: #65 ⋅ ANA @ CHI ⋅ 5:30 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Didn’t watch. Happy I didn’t. 7-2? Against the Hawks? Damn this team BLOWS!

Wonder what Old man Cronin gonna say now. Dude seems lost.

He won’t say much

I think people here are delusional if all it’s going to take are different coaches running different systems.

We are abysmal and just lost to a joke of a team. When will heads roll?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He won’t say much

I think people here are delusional if all it’s going to take are different coaches running different systems.

What heads gunna roll?

They’ll just keep Cronin and the assistants till end of the season, no reason to swap them out now.

Pv is safe for at least 2 more years imo.

The players? Kinda too late to do anything about that, until draft

The only person that’ll be punished from the ducks is prob zegras

Reactions: Ducks DVM

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
He won’t say much

Start with Gibson. This may not be all his fault but he’s the vet to go IMO. Not sure if it’s even possible though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Start with Gibson. This may not be all his fault but he’s the vet to go IMO. Not sure if it’s even possible though.
Out of the vets

Gibson will be impossible to trade at this point.

Silf just don’t resign

You can maybe move strome or fowler

I imagine gudas/Vatrano will be kept around

Reactions: KelVarnsen
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
What heads gunna roll?

They’ll just keep Cronin and the assistants till end of the season, no reason to swap them out now.

Pv is safe for at least 2 more years imo.

The players? Kinda too late to do anything about that, until draft

The only person that’ll be punished from the ducks is prob zegras

What names PVs job safe? One ‘winnable’ trade with Gautheir?

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
The fact that he has only been a GM for 2 years and joined at the bottom of a rebuild. Attempting to evaluate his plan at this point is, frankly, stupid. The best GM in the world couldn't make prospects develop magically overnight.

Firing Pat wouldn't make the rebuild go faster, it it would mean changing the direction AGAIN and extending it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s a rebuild he isn’t expected to be in the playoffs yet, and I doubt that’s the expectations next year.

The team should be trending up next year and in theory might be playoff caliber the year after

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I don’t think firing PV wouldn’t solve anything. Another 2 or maybe 3 years is needed until we can deem his plan no good. Cronin has been a failure however. His scheme sucks and is unable to reach any of his players. He has not improved at all from the Eakins regime. He might be worse honestly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t think firing PV wouldn’t solve anything. Another 2 or maybe 3 years is needed until we can deem his plan no good. Cronin has been a failure however. His scheme sucks and is unable to reach any of his players. He has not improved at all from the Eakins regime. He might be worse honestly.
Yep, pv gave a shot to a guy that hasn’t got his shot(personally I liked the move) …. And idk if it’s lack of leadership/ accountability/ effort from the players across the board, or the coaching staff as a whole…. But it’s just not working.

I’m to the point where I’m like screw it get torts if he becomes available

Reactions: DuckRogers10

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Yep, pv gave a shot to a guy that hasn’t got his shot(personally I liked the move) …. And idk if it’s lack of leadership/ accountability/ effort from the players across the board, or the coaching staff as a whole…. But it’s just not working.

I’m to the point where I’m like screw it get torts if he becomes available
Cronin is not getting fired and similar to PV I don't think you can truly evaluate him with the roster he's had this season as a result of injuries.

Next season will be make or break for him IMO. I'm not sure he has what it takes but we shall see.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Cronin is not getting fired and similar to PV I don't think you can truly evaluate him with the roster he's had this season as a result of injuries.

Next season will be make or break for him IMO. I'm not sure he has what it takes but we shall see.
I agree next season it’s do or die for old man Cronin.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad