Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
There was an article about him in The Athletic . It seems that his game has changed a lot during the season , because the young gun is very smart . I suppose that he will eventually learn to be more effective on his defensive game
He is a smart player and can defends well enough, its only a matter of finding a balance between offense and defense, what is workable...

Reactions: Vachon23 and JAPPO

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Thats huge praise and Norlinder is indeed a huge offensive talent, but Nik Lindstrom was as good defensively as he was offensively, was a perfectly balanced defenseman, Norlinder is more of a 4th foward on the ice and gets caught out of position too much, he has to play smarter, but his dynamism, skills set and willingness to make a difference are very high level, he reminds me of a young Erik Karlsson personally, not saying he will be as good as Karlsson, but thats the kind of talent we get here with Norlinder...
Goldenhands states categorically, "Norlinder will be better than Karlsson…" lol

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Goldenhands states categorically, "Norlinder will be better than Karlsson…" lol
With the Sens, Karlsson was everywhere, not missing a chance to jump in the play and support the attack... Thats the kind of defenseman you get in Norlinder, a guy whose mobility is so good that you see him everywhere on the ice, he is possibly our most exciting prospect to watch... My comparison with Karlsson is only stylistically talking...

Kid is producing at a 0.5 PPG pace and is not even used on the PP from the games I saw, can only imagine what his PPG rate would look like with top PP minutes duties...

Reactions: jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
A journalist in Sweden compares him to Lidstrom... WOW !

Last edited:
Reactions: abo9

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
On se calme le ponpon. This kid is playing with a watered down version of MODO of old. Second division in Sweden. Let him play in Europe at least another season. Then, bring him to camp and see what he carries. He's got skills, but he's playing against some pretty average talent right now. Saw a couple of 'highlights' of him last night and all I could see is the time and space he had to make his plays. In the NHL, you have that in practice. And not even.

And I can understand the Karlsson comparisons as he's shifty and alllllll offence. EK was like that all the time too.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
On se calme le ponpon. This kid is playing with a watered down version of MODO of old. Second division in Sweden. Let him play in Europe at least another season. Then, bring him to camp and see what he carries. He's got skills, but he's playing against some pretty average talent right now. Saw a couple of 'highlights' of him last night and all I could see is the time and space he had to make his plays. In the NHL, you have that in practice. And not even.

And I can understand the Karlsson comparisons as he's shifty and alllllll offence. EK was like that all the time too.

yeah context is important but it's still better than CHL.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
haven't seen much of this kid exept for highlights, but it's hard not to get exited with every reports coming out of him. Will try and stay neutral and wait and see more of him but what i've seen so far is impressive as hell! Can't wait for the WJC!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
haven't seen much of this kid exept for highlights, but it's hard not to get exited with every reports coming out of him. Will try and stay neutral and wait and see more of him but what i've seen so far is impressive as hell! Can't wait for the WJC!

I remember liking what I saw from Hudon and Beaulieu at the world juniors. I'll have to wait until Habs camp next year to start forming my opinion.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Real soon, we will be told by some people to stop overrating our prospects......people are just judging prospects based on what they read....
Some of us are actually watching him as well, Modo games are rather easy to catch...

Cracking a stacked Swedish blueline over some big names for the next WJC is no hazard as well, the kid is really really good...

Reactions: Gravity

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Real soon, we will be told by some people to stop overrating our prospects......people are just judging prospects based on what they read....
Since ive been a member we have always over rated our prospects. Lets see if the new group over rated prospects make it or not be patient time will tell

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Since ive been a member we have always over rated our prospects. Lets see if the new group over rated prospects make it or not be patient time will tell

Did we over rate Price, Subban, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Streit, Grabovski, Latendresse, Halak, and Emelin?

The current group is looking deeper than our prospect pool back then, although probably won't contain as many high end players.

That was a great young core that Gainey added good vets to (Kovalev, Hamerlk, Cammalleri, Gionta). Let's hope Bergevin can wake up and add some good vets, instead of only grinders, to the current core.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
This kid is playing with a watered down version of MODO of old. Second division in Sweden. Let him play in Europe at least another season. Then, bring him to camp and see what he carries. He's got skills, but he's playing against some pretty average talent right now.

I heard the same concern about F Forsberg.

I’m sure this reporter has watched others play in the same league, such as Pettersson, Nylander and Lindholm.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Did we over rate Price, Subban, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Streit, Grabovski, Latendresse, Halak, and Emelin?

The current group is looking deeper than our prospect pool back then, although probably won't contain as many high end players.

That was a great young core that Gainey added good vets to (Kovalev, Hamerlk, Cammalleri, Gionta). Let's hope Bergevin can wake up and add some good vets, instead of only grinders, to the current core.
You know a few of thsese guys didnt florish till they left the habs and you named latrendesse thats funny. Defintely proves my point even further guys still over rating players after there not prospects lol

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You know a few of thsese guys didnt florish till they left the habs and you named latrendesse thats funny. Defintely proves my point even further guys still over rating players after there not prospects lol

Look at Latendresse's stats in Minny before he had concussion issues, lol. 25 goals and 37 points in 55 games is pretty good for a 22 year old. He was a good one who had his career cut short due to concussions and playing through post-concussion symptoms.

I think you're conflating over rating our prospects with dumping on our prospects that aren't superstars by the age of 19, but that are actually good prospects. At least your take on Latendresse would prove that point. lol.

maybe the problem is that we under rate our prospects because we start judging them before they've fully developed.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Look at Latendresse's stats in Minny before he had concussion issues, lol. 25 goals and 37 points in 55 games is pretty good for a 22 year old. He was a good one who had his career cut short due to concussions and playing through post-concussion symptoms.

I think you're conflating over rating our prospects with dumping on our prospects that aren't superstars by the age of 19, but that are actually good prospects. At least your take on Latendresse would prove that point. lol.

maybe the problem is that we under rate our prospects because we start judging them before they've fully developed.
One decent season makes a player

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
One decent season makes a player

Latendresse is at worst a player that we don't know how good he would have been. His 22 year old season was also his last season without post-concussion syndrome. he never even played 20 games in a season after that due to concussions. But I don't see any reason he wouldn't have built off of his 22 year old season if not for the concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad