GDT: #64|Penguins vs Sabres|Fri Mar1@7PMest|SN, MSG-B, ATTSN-PT

Gudbranson will debut to an even or positive +/-?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
yeah unlike that silly aggressive style we played in 2016 to win.
You have to play with what you've got. The Pens strength is the counter attack. In 2016 we had a more aggressive fore-check, but the forwards were still quick enough to get back and help the d. Also the d used the high flip out of their zone a lot more back then, but again the forwards were faster.

With the current D, especially with the injuries, it is even more imperative that the forwards are back helping. If Geno and Kessel are together, than Geno needs to put the effort in defensively and Kessel needs to make the safe plays. I think they both would play better away from each other, mainly because their other line mates would be able to do more of the heavy defensive lifting.

Most importantly the forwards and D need to stop allowing teams to walk right into the zone. They need to be harder on the blue line. There was a goal that Columbus scored last game because of this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You have to play with what you've got. The Pens strength is the counter attack. In 2016 we had a more aggressive fore-check, but the forwards were still quick enough to get back and help the d. Also the d used the high flip out of their zone a lot more back then, but again the forwards were faster.

With the current D, especially with the injuries, it is even more imperative that the forwards are back helping. If Geno and Kessel are together, than Geno needs to put the effort in defensively and Kessel needs to make the safe plays. I think they both would play better away from each other, mainly because their other line mates would be able to do more of the heavy defensive lifting.

Most importantly the forwards and D need to stop allowing teams to walk right into the zone. They need to be harder on the blue line. There was a goal that Columbus scored last game because of this.
yes, I agree. I was specifically referring to his comment.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Buffalo is not the game we want for Gud to make his debut. I’d say CBJ, but Dubinsky seems to have lost most of his bite. I’m very much looking forward to the next Philly game at least to see how he manages that.
Because Buffalo is fast and he is big and slow?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
GAME OF THE YEAR FOR GUDBRANSON! THE BIGGEST GAME OF HIS LIFE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN MONTREAL HOPE HE HAS HIS FAST SKATES ON FOR THAT GAME.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018

Does Kessel play defense during a normal game?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Montreal plays tonight too so no excuses tomorrow. We need to find a way to win both of these games.

As @deakka said every game is must win right now.

Reactions: Multigrain

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
If Penguins lose a game vs this laughingstock of a team then I will start to doubt if this team is playoff worthy team.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Penguins lose a game vs this laughingstock of a team then I will start to doubt if this team is playoff worthy team.

Well everyone will be very sky is falling if we lose tonight or tomorrow or god forbid both but we're obviously not going to go undefeated the rest of the season so a few losses here and there shouldn't be the end of the world even if it feels that way in the short term.

It's going to be really hard to tell myself that and be convinced of it though because losses are gonna feel real painful in the short term.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Does Kessel play defense during a normal game?
Well he does back check, but he is useless when the puck is in the Pens zone and any time the puck is along the wall, so that is why I wish he played on a the third line with McCann and Bjugstad. They are both strong enough defensively to cover up for him and aren't afraid to muck it up a little on the boards. This also frees up Malkin, as he wouldn't have to do as much of the grinding on his line.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Have you seen games against bottom feeders this year???

Or any previous year for that matter lol

For them it's more of a compete level, if they don't want to play hard and try to get in there is no point being handed a playoff position, it's will be just like 2015, 1st and out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bingo71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad