GDT: #64 | Islanders vs Penguins | 7PM est | ATTSN-PT, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Unrelated to the ot goal, but how big of an idiot do you have to be to start OT’s with Jeff Carter just to win a faceoff. Sullivan probably thinks it is such a clever move too.

Reactions: domaug

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
2F5B72C4-8D78-4C05-84F3-BD997BE1F803.gif

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Unrelated to the ot goal, but how big of an idiot do you have to be to start OT’s with Jeff Carter just to win a faceoff. Sullivan probably thinks it is such a clever move too.
I think a worst move is, after Carter loses the faceoff, subbing on Guentzel for him, who is without a doubt the worst defender on the team.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
So f***ing tired of the same stupid shit from this team game after game after game after ...

Reactions: Turin

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
That was a pretty good play by Sorokin to break that pass up. Petterson had the entire slot open so coming down was the right move imo. High risk high reward, didn’t pay off this time.

Jarry can not beat the Islanders. Every time we play them we out shoot them by a handful and it never matters. Wr lose the goalie battle every single game and they just sit back and wait and score on 9/10 chances they get. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: dogthateats

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
When was the last time this team played with a full 60 minute effort? They are simply incapable of doing it. I keep hearing about them being a veteran team that "knows how to win", but I guess age and stupidity outweigh that. Absolutely inexcusable to lose three leads in three games to the Isles

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
That was a pretty good play by Sorokin to break that pass up. Petterson had the entire slot open so coming down was the right move imo. High risk high reward, didn’t pay off this time.

Jarry can not beat the Islanders. Every time we play them we out shoot them by a handful and it never matters. Wr lose the goalie battle every single game and they just sit back and wait and score on 9/10 chances they get. It’s ridiculous
not sure you play high risk 3 on 3 especially if you are Petterson

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
It was a high stick. The whistle was blown when he touched the puck. He shouldn’t have touched it. Funny that he missed though
I keep forgetting about the high stick because I was listening to something on YouTube at same time lol... this team is weak and folds so easily.. Imagine if the high stick was not called, might have been a brawl..

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

That's when data/stat nerds run the show I suppose. I would imagine this is a scenario where 'eye test' and stats would align - but if that 'top 3 in the league' bs is true...my god. Maybe that's his crux after all. Why he loved ZAR, Blueger, etc. They were somehow just statistically supposed to be something .....that they were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad