Post-Game Talk: #64 | Flyers at Lightning | March 9, 2024 | 7-0 Loss

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
1000003915.jpg

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Saddling Frost with 5th liners was dumbfounded. Especially since Couturier and Laughton have done nothing. Laughton coming back down to earth as he has no motivation since the deadline past. He played just well enough, for just long enough...

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Sounds like Torts refusing to leave the bench is going to be not taken kindly to by the league. I think it’s possible he gets suspended.

he just wanted to talk to the referees about what their reasoning was. seems...defensible?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Saddling Frost with 5th liners was dumbfounded. Especially since Couturier and Laughton have done nothing. Laughton coming back down to earth as he has no motivation since the deadline past. He played just well enough, for just long enough...
I thought it was interesting that as soon as Torts was kicked out, Frost played with Tippett and Farabee (for the most part).

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Ok.
So from a man who holds others to the highest levels accountability (obsessively and incorrectly so), how will Torts be held accountable for his numerous mistakes? The bench minor and the embarrassing theatrics he acted out on live television were quite a terrible representation of the culture and attitude the Flyers are trying to cultivate.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
I realize some players are probably dicks, but the vast majority probably decent people. I say this because all things being equal, what players really want on the ice with them are players who can do the job. I guarantee no player thinks "Staals out with me, we are going to get scored on, but thats ok, he's a great guy...." It sucks the life out of you as a player.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I realize some players are probably dicks, but the vast majority probably decent people. I say this because all things being equal, what players really want on the ice with them are players who can do the job. I guarantee no player thinks "Staals out with me, we are going to get scored on, but thats ok, he's a great guy...." It sucks the life out of you as a player.
He’s probably not even a great guy.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sounds like Torts refusing to leave the bench is going to be not taken kindly to by the league. I think it’s possible he gets suspended.

Say what you want about Tortorella, but he's one of the few people left in this league with some personality. Will be a sad day when he retires, ngl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad