Post-Game Talk: #64: FLYERS at Blue Jackets, Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Myers needs to be allowed to work out his growing pains, which means he should not be scratched for the remainder of the season.
I agree, but I’d bet money he’s scratched for AMac tomorrow.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The better team won.

Bright spot: Sanheim, Voracek

Blemishes: Pretty much everything else. Myers had a really rough game; we had to expect some of those would be coming, especially against top competition.
I thought Myers played ok. He made several good plays. I like his game a lot. It’s weird to think he had a bad game and not first reference Hagg or gudas

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Myers with Sanheim had a wicked SH shift. Myers had some great outlet passes

Not good enough tho, Heavy Andy Slow always trumps speed and skill in Philly.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Phew, I have a lot of thoughts after that one.

It was like a playoff game. The top players rose to the occasion and the others wilted.

We saw good Hartman in Game 1 and bad Hartman in Game 2.

Elliott allowed 2 trash goals.

Hagg was awful per usual.

Sanheim is a god damn beast.

We played a good game against a good team in their building. If we gave ourselves even a tiny margin for error by firing Hak a few weeks earlier this loss would be easier to stomach.

We are a playoff team thats going to miss the playoffs and that really sucks.

Oh and throw the entire bank at Panarin.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Unfortunately, we reverted back to Scott Gordon, no possession, hockey for much of the game.

I thought we didn't get much help from the refs tonight either.

Travis Sanheim is obviously a beast. You want the puck in his hands as much as possible, but he still has tools we're not seeing because he's on the off side.

With him on the right side he definitely doesn't break out as much as usual. He'll defer to Ivan a lot if pressure permits. Also, many of his nice blue line pinches with possession are also occuring rarely compared to when he's on the left.

Sanheim is undoubtedly the man. Just don't forget he's doing all this out of position. I think there's still another level for him.

So for Sanheim, that's 12 in his last 14 Games, 10 at ES, playing the wrong side.
tenor.gif

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Come on what? As much as I love Provy he doesn’t have the offensive vision that Myers does, and who gives a **** if it’s his 4 game he should have been up long ago, he’s still a better option then Provy
Last year how many games were won with Coots-TK-Provy as the first shift in OT.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Unfortunately, we reverted back to Scott Gordon, no possession, hockey for much of the game.

I thought we didn't get much help from the refs tonight either.

Travis Sanheim is obviously a beast. You want the puck in his hands as much as possible, but he still has tools we're not seeing because he's on the off side.

With him on the right side he definitely doesn't break out as much as usual. He'll defer to Ivan a lot if pressure permits. Also, many of his nice blue line pinches with possession are also occuring rarely compared to when he's on the left.

Sanheim is undoubtedly the man. Just don't forget he's doing all this out of position. I think there's still another level for him.

Think we saw it in evidence last year that Provorov is better when he's not the primary puckhandler on his pair. Provorov has a lot of skills but passing and handling the puck aren't his strengths. Offensively he's best when joining the rush or driving to the net. He needs to have the puck less and Sanheim needs it more.[/QUOTE]

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So we are 6 pts back and could be 4 if Carolina loses to stl and we beat the devils. Seems possible and not bad. We also play Carolina x2 and get Hart back soon. BUT we play
Caps x 3
Leafs x 2
Isles x 2
Hawks
Habs
Pens

Included in the last month or so. I don’t see us having a shot unless the canes sucks as do Florida and buffalo.

Reactions: LoneFlyerFan21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad