bsydtiLu_200x200.jpg
VS.
7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

COYOTES (22-33-7) at SABRES (26-26-11)

THU MAR 2, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 307)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 63 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 27 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 13 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/24: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR; Assigned F Derek Grant to Rochester
2/26: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)
2/28: Acquired D Mat Bodie from NY Rangers in exchange for F Daniel Catenacci
3/1: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, March 4: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 5: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, March 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 11: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

COYOTES at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Coyotes this season.
Last meeting: Arizona defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Arizona on Feb. 26
The Sabres are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Coyotes; 4-4-2 at home.
This is the 76th game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona/Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 44-22-9 series record.
The Sabres are 24-7-7 at home against the Coyotes/Jets all-time.

Morning Skate: March 2, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
this will be the first time this season Im not excited about hockey.. good thing baseball starts soon.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
this will be the first time this season Im not excited about hockey.. good thing baseball starts soon.

To each his own....

I'd rather watch Nursing home residents at arts and crafts night than watch baseball. Perfect sport to have on in the background while you do other more productive things. Like cutting toenails. :laugh:

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Going tomorrow, my first game of the year. I have been on Stubhub waiting for tickets to drop to 5 bucks but a friend with seasons invited me to go.

Sabres almost never lose when I attend. They have won the last 6 times I have gone.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Going tomorrow, my first game of the year. I have been on Stubhub waiting for tickets to drop to 5 bucks but a friend with seasons invited me to go.

Sabres almost never lose when I attend. They have won the last 6 times I have gone.

You just jinxed yourself. Silly boy. :laugh:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
To each his own....

I'd rather watch Nursing home residents at arts and crafts night than watch baseball. Perfect sport to have on in the background while you do other more productive things. Like cutting toenails. :laugh:

You're crazy. Anyone who enjoys being intellectually challenged watching sports loves baseball. Especially national league baseball. I love armchair coaching games. Come the 6th or 7th defensive subs, relief pitchers, bunting...love it.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We'll blow another lead in the 3rd.
Lol at disco's quote today of "if things aren't working, I'd be silly to not change them."
Ok, then: why not try RoR on Eichel's wing to give him a bit of a break? Or eichel on RoR's wing in place of Okposo, who has been struggling for a while.
Why not give Sam an actual look at center?
The fact that we haven't seen these things in nearly 2 years of bylsma's tenure is ridiculous

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Don't complain about prices if Sabres actually become good in the future.

I can't believe the after market prices right now. I know Buffalo is pretty ****** right now but it's still NHL hockey. I kind of wonder if the city can support NHL hockey long-term -- the price point might be too high for Buffalo.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio

I can't believe the after market prices right now. I know Buffalo is pretty ****** right now but it's still NHL hockey. I kind of wonder if the city can support NHL hockey long-term -- the price point might be too high for Buffalo.

Sounds like you're just mad nobody wants to buy your spare tickets to games you don't even want to go to yourself.

Franchise has been around for 47 years and regularly has the highest local ratings in the league. There's a waiting list 1000's of names long for season tickets. But sure, price point is too high, no long-term viability for NHL hockey in buffalo :help:

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY

After the Eichel injury I just kept waiting to see the "full team". And then we never did anything and just have a hard time watching many of these games.

This team plays a very bland & boring game. I have loved hockey all my life but I doubt I can get excited until Disco is gone.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
To each his own....

Haha I'm going to steal that first sentence for my own use. I've always referred to baseball season as "sportscenter is unwatchable season". We get it, the shortstop made a nice diving stop to his right. Oh, look at the outfielder lay out for that fly ball. Cool.

Unfortunately SportsClubStats has the playoff line for the East looking like 92-93 points meaning the Sabres need 29-30 points in 19 games or a 13-3-3 record down the stretch. At this point I more care about production and development from our young core than wins or losses.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-dmitry-kulikov-close-getting-scratched/

In other news, Sabres goalie Robin Lehner will start tonight, his 45th nod this season. The rest of the lineup will be announced later, Bylsma said.

The Sabres used these new lines this morning from left to right:

– Tyler Ennis, Ryan O’Reilly, Kyle Okposo

– Marcus Foligno, Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart

– Evander Kane, Zemgus Girgensons, Brian Gionta

– Matt Moulson, Evan Rodrigues, Justin Bailey

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wtf, foligno-eichel-reinhart was a hot mess for the 2 weeks they were together. Marcus was always behind the play.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

#LiveorDiewithpairs

So sick and tired of his limited options on changes to his line because his "pairs" idea. If he can't seem to find a line works well together consistently, maybe he should re-think who his pairs should be.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Ennis up over bailey and rodrigues? I dont even have the effort left to ***** about it. **** lines. 3rd line is good

Scherbs

Feb 16, 2016
Ontario
If he's randomly throwing **** together, I'd like to see:

90 - 15 - 56
9 - 23 - 21
81 - 28 - 12
Trash - 71 - Trash

Eich + Snook can rotate on draws or whatever.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Kane-Eichel-Gionta had 2 ES goals last game. So let's split them up! :laugh:

(As much as I'm still not a fan of Eichel and Kane together, I still don't understand what the logic is behind Bylsma doing this)

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
caps fan coming in peace

big fan of eichel, risto and girgs

peter holland is arizona coyotes 1C

enough said. 2 points for you and I hope it'll be good game because I'm going to watch this one (caps are playing vs devils so its nice opportunity to catch something different and maybe even more interesting)

good luck!
5-1 sabres

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad