GDT: [#63] Get two birds Stone’d at once

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yikes our lineup without Benn and Zuccarello

I was ready to make some jokes about how poor Spezza has no one to pass to when I realized there are no better options.

With Benn and Zuccarello out, this team now has 2.5 quality offensive players, and they’re all on the same top line. The other nine forwards can be assembled in any order to get the same results.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm trying to figure out who has it worst: Faksa, Spezza, or Dickinson.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I think it's Faksa. His stats are getting dragged down heavily by having a shitton of D zone starts, plus two guys who have the finish of a Canadian Mazda.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Faksa is a great defensive center, but if put in a more offensive based role with better linemates I think he could score close to, and maybe even hit, 20 goals a season. He's definitely the best finisher that we have outside of our top line forward-wise. Throw him with Zuccarello and Benn when they're back and see what happens. He has offensive talent that we got a glimpse of last game and that is evident in practice but he very rarely uses it in games because of his role on the team.

With this being said I don't view him as a guy that can top 40+ points every season but he's a guy that should be able to hit 20 goals. Low end 2C maybe on the Stars but realistically a high end 3C on other teams.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Faksa is a great defensive center, but if put in a more offensive based role with better linemates I think he could score close to, and maybe even hit, 20 goals a season. He's definitely the best finisher that we have outside of our top line forward-wise. Throw him with Zuccarello and Benn when they're back and see what happens. He has offensive talent that we got a glimpse of last game and that is evident in practice but he very rarely uses it in games because of his role on the team.

With this being said I don't view him as a guy that can top 40+ points every season but he's a guy that should be able to hit 20 goals. Low end 2C maybe on the Stars but realistically a high end 3C on other teams.

Faksa is everything Nill hoped Hanzal would be (and what Hanzal did used to be).

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Faksa is a good finisher but he can't really create himself or for others. So when he plays with guys who can't creat either of course nothing happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad