Dainius Zubrus - Scott Gomez - Martin Havlat
Tuomo Ruutu – Jacob Josefson - Stephen Gionta

Andy Greene - Adam Larsson
Jon Merrill - Marek Zidlicky
Mark Fraser - Eric Gelinas

Cory Schneider
Scott Clemmensen

Scratched: Peter Harrold, Michael Ryder

Injured: Keith Kinkaid (lower leg), Damon Severson (fractured left ankle), Bryce Salvador (back), Ryane Clowe (concussion)

:cbj

26-30-4 (56pts)

Projected Starting Lineup:

Nick Foligno - Ryan Johansen - David Clarkson
Scott Hartnell - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Brian Gibbons - Artem Anisimov – Marko Dano
Corey Tropp - Mark Letestu - Jared Boll

Jack Johnson - David Savard
Fedor Tyutin - James Wisniewski
Cody Goloubef - Dalton Prout

Curtis McElhinney
Oscar Dansk

Scratched: Jordan Leopold

Injured: Jack Skille (shoulder), Boone Jenner (stress fracture in back), Jeremy Morin (heart), Ryan Murray (high ankle sprain), Matt Calvert (concussion), Brandon Dubinsky (concussion), Kevin Connauton (lower body)

Status report: Gibbons was recalled Friday from Springfield when Calvert was put on injured reserve. Gibbons has five assists in 21 games for the Blue Jackets. Prout returns after missing nine games with an upper-body injury. He replaces Leopold. Connauton is expected to miss at least the next three games. … Ryder has been a healthy scratch seven straight games and 14 of the past 15. … Havlat played Friday after being a healthy scratch the previous five games.

Who’s hot: Cammalleri has five goals and two assists in a five-game point streak. Tootoo has two goals and three assists in a five-game point streak. … Dano has two goals and four points in four games since the rookie’s recall from Springfield.

[NHL]765188[/NHL] [NHL]765865[/NHL]​

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Im actually pretty excited to see what Clarkson can do for another team. I think he'll be somewhere in the middle of where he was in Jersey, and where he was in Toronto. It's gonna be weird seeing him play with Dubinsky forsure.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
We get to see what Clarkson looks like now that he's been traded from Toronto.

Let's go, Devils! I hope the team carries forth the energy they displayed in the latter part of the game against Boston into the match against the Blue Jackets. :)

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Matt Loughlin ‏@MattLoug 4m4 minutes ago
David Clarkson said Marty Brodeur was at Clarkson's house when word came that he was traded to Columbus. Brodeur was on scouting trip.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Almost two years on, and Clarkie still says "Mr. Lamoriello."

This is why it's pure impossible to hate him. He's just a through and through great guy.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Almost two years on, and Clarkie still says "Mr. Lamoriello."

This is why it's pure impossible to hate him. He's just a through and through great guy.

Clarkson is a good person, just a ridiculously overpaid one, but since the Devils aren't footing the bill, I don't feel any need to hate on him or make fun of him. I hope he does well in Colombus except when facing the Devils like tonight.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
how is AH14 progressing, I thought he would really be something special

He's a good all around player for the Devils, and he can play wing or center as needed. The most annoying thing about him is probably that he is a streaky goal scorer, but he's still the only good young forward the Devils have in the NHL. I think when the Devils get back into the playoffs again, he'll be able to show his clutch side again. I think playoff Adam Henrique is the most special but we haven't got to see a lot of that in New Jersey.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Why don't they try Elias with Gomez?

Henrique-Josefson
Elias-Gomez
Camm-Zajac

and then fill in the rest

maybe put Gionta with Patty and Gomez and reunite EGG lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We have such a lack of creativity I can see why they'd want to keep Elias and Gomez seperate though, they're like our only two creative forwards.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
We have such a lack of creativity I can see why they'd want to keep Elias and Gomez seperate though, they're like our only two creative forwards.

yea but I feel like Elias and Gomez together has a better chance of scoring than Zubrus-Elias-Gionta and Ruutu-Gomez-Ryder.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
yea but I feel like Elias and Gomez together has a better chance of scoring than Zubrus-Elias-Gionta and Ruutu-Gomez-Ryder.

Those are the lines today? Good god, I guess they're trying to showcase Ryder by putting him with Gomez lol

At least Gomez with Cammalleri made sense cause you're putting the best passing forward with the best scoring forward. Gomez could have had three assists in the third period against Calgary if someone else could have finished though :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad