OT: 62nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Reverse Michal Handzus

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe it's the Fast Startup mode that's causing the issue?

1. Go to Search, type power options and click on Power Options from search results
  2. On the left side of the window click on Choose what the power button does
  3. If needed, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable, under Define power buttons and turn on password protection
  4. From the enabled options under Shutdown settings section, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown.
  5. Click Save changes button to save the modified settings.
  6. Close Power Options window when done.
Tried that last night too. No luck. :(
If you see the computer POST then when windows boots it goes black that's a pretty big sign sonething jn windows is corrupted related to your display. Back up everything when using your hdmi cable and then do a fresh install with recovery disk/usb drive.

If not, I'm out of ideas
Yeah I think this is what I’m going to have to do eventually.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What should I look for specifically?

Event Viewer —> Windows Logs —> System

Scroll down the list looking for recent events with a Source of Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power that coincide with the issue surfacing. The descriptions of the events you want will say something along the lines of entering/exiting sleep. You could also see something like “Sleep Reason: Battery” that seems out of place.

If any errors show up at the same time as these instances, Google the Source and the Event ID together.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Event Viewer —> Windows Logs —> System

Scroll down the list looking for recent events with a Source of Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power that coincide with the issue surfacing. The descriptions of the events you want will say something along the lines of entering/exiting sleep. You could also see something like “Sleep Reason: Battery” that seems out of place.

If any errors show up at the same time as these instances, Google the Source and the Event ID together.
Thanks. I’ll look into this when I’m home.

Thanks everyone else for trying to help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad