6'2"+ vs. 6'1" and under current/all-time team.

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Who wins a 7 game series all at their peaks?

Ovechkin-Lemieux-Jagr
Messier-Beliveau-Lindros
Kovalchuk-Fedorov-Malkin
Draisaitl-Thornton-Matthews

Pronger-Lidstrom
Hedman-Chara
Robinson-Stevens

Roy

Vs.

Hull-Gretzky-Howe
McDavid-Crosby-Bure
Forsberg-Sakic-MacKinnon
Datsyuk-Yzerman-Kane

Orr-Bourque
Coffey-Chelios
Potvin-Karlsson

Hasek

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Gretzky's team wins with the edge on defense. Goalies are voodoo, Hasek and Roy could both steal the show so I just ignored them. So long as they're playing with today's rules I think Gretzky's team wins. It might be a lot tougher going against the bigger guys if they played with 90's rules where a lot more obstruction was let go and there was a red line, but many of these guys got by just fine in that era.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Well, you could probably just cross Messier off, he'd be suspended after his first accidental elbow, same with Stevens and Pronger.

I think the second team wins if the first team actually plays by todays rules.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The tall team would be insane to play against but I think the short team has too much skill to vote against.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
This poll is impossible. This is a very good poll, OP. I can't decide. The short team has, by far, all the best players of their era, with the exception of Lidstrom.

I'm leaning towards the short team because of Hasek and Orr.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Offense is a wash but team small has the best defenceman and best goalie to ever play the game. Not to mention the second pairing of Coffey-Chelios is miles ahead of Hedman-Chara.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I’ll take the one with 3 of the big 4 plus the best goalie of all time.

Not to mention Bourque is probably the second best D man of all time as well.

The 6’2 plus team would be a damn tough team to play though, interesting to think about.

Reactions: 780il

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What about everyone who's 6'1 ½?

They missed the 6'2 cut. They'll forever live their lives half an inch under the manmore height.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Easily the 2nd team imo. All those guys at their peak is just unfathomable talent

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The one with Orr & Gretzky, but their team also has a much larger pool of players to choose from. Make it 6'0" and over vs 5'11" and under.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Who wins a 7 game series all at their peaks?

Ovechkin-Lemieux-Jagr
Messier-Beliveau-Lindros
Kovalchuk-Fedorov-Malkin
Draisaitl-Thornton-Matthews

Pronger-Lidstrom
Hedman-Chara
Robinson-Stevens

Roy

Vs.

Hull-Gretzky-Howe
McDavid-Crosby-Bure
Forsberg-Sakic-MacKinnon
Datsyuk-Yzerman-Kane

Orr-Bourque
Coffey-Chelios
Potvin-Karlsson

Hasek

Bobby or Brett Hull
I’m assuming Bobby

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lafleur, Mikita, Espo, Clarke, Dionne, MSL, Iginla > MacKinnon, Datsyuk, Bure

Modano's peak > Matthews

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The one with Orr & Gretzky, but their team also has a much larger pool of players to choose from. Make it 6'0" and over vs 5'11" and under.

That would be drastically unfair for the 5'11' and under, the 6'0'' team would have all of the big 4 and literally every single one of the best goalies and defensemen of all time lol

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Lafleur, Mikita, Espo, Clarke, Dionne, MSL, Iginla > MacKinnon, Datsyuk, Bure

Modano's peak > Matthews

Those were my choices, not necessarily picking all the best players for each side hence the current/all-time. Also Modano was not better than Matthews now. I also don't believe MSL and Iginla were better than those other 3 you mentioned.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Those were my choices, not necessarily picking all the best players for each side hence the current/all-time. Also Modano was not better than Matthews now. I also don't believe MSL and Iginla were better than those other 3 you mentioned.
"Now" Matthews is leading the league in goals after about 25 games vs Modano having played a FULL season, scoring over a PPG (38G in a DPE) while playing a strong 2-way game under Hitchcock, and oh, captained his team to a Cup/SCF while he was at it (23P in playoffs).

Iginla's peak season won the Art Ross and Richard with 50G with Craig Conroy as his C. Was also robbed of the Hart as we all know.

MSL won the Hart, Lindsay, and Art Ross

MacK, Bure, and Datsyuk dont have a Hart or an Art Ross. But yes, all came close.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
"Now" Matthews is leading the league in goals after about 25 games vs Modano having played a FULL season, scoring over a PPG (38G in a DPE) while playing a strong 2-way game under Hitchcock, and oh, captained his team to a Cup/SCF while he was at it (23P in playoffs).

Iginla's peak season won the Art Ross and Richard with 50G with Craig Conroy as his C. Was also robbed of the Hart as we all know.

MSL won the Hart, Lindsay, and Art Ross

MacK, Bure, and Datsyuk dont have a Hart or an Art Ross. But yes, all came close.

I'm aware of all their accolades, they really are all close enough that different opinons are warranted. However in Datsyuk's case it's pretty clear that MSL was not a better player, Iginla was closer though and on the same level of MacKinnon and Bure.

Also regarding Matthews, he's first in goals per game since entering the NHL and has been scoring at over a 60 goal pace for 70 games now, while playing a dominant two-way game. He hasn't got to go on a long playoff run yet but I'm sure he'll do just fine there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad