GDT: #62: Jets at FLYERS, Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020, 1:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd be wary of adding anyone unless he's a clear upgrade over Laughton at 3C.
I'm also skeptical of what Frost can bring this year, I don't think he's close to playoff ready (i.e. tight checking physical games).
If I'm adding a 3C to this current team, I'd want someone who's more physical than Laughton, not less.
Come playoff time, the bottom six has to be able to forecheck and play the cycle game.

Imagine how good the current team would be if the goaltending was just above average.
Getting Hart to play better on the road would be a huge boost.

They'll get Ghost and Braun back in a week or so, that'll solidify the 3rd pair.

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I would look into trading anything but out 1st rounder, frost/zamula/york/brink for a rental. If we can get a guy like pageau for a 2nd rounder + then I would do it. johan larsson could be a cheap 4c upgrade as well. idk lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Because Perreault is a bitch that cant take a shoulder to the chest?

Any player in the league will go down if you blast them in the chest when they are not looking because they already got rid of the puck.

By being a fake tough guy you are just setting yourself up for someone to do that to Patrick when he comes back, and then Patrick is done for the season. Karma is the real bitch.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any player in the league will go down if you blast them in the chest when they are not looking because they already got rid of the puck.

By being a fake tough guy you are just setting yourself up for someone to do that to Patrick when he comes back, and then Patrick is done for the season. Karma is the real bitch.

I dunno. Schenn would have ate that one up and asked for seconds ;)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Time for some some reality.

If they didn't think Frost was ready 2 months ago, he is not coming up during the "playoff push" and playoffs unless an injury occurs or they go into a funk and want to try a "spark". See ya next year.

Patrick...they are certainly making it clear that they are not counting on him. So with he AND Frost not expected, adding a C makes sense to them.

Friedman....see above. Not that they don't like him, but they clearly like the 7 they have and are fine with Friedman as the #8. They trust Hagg. They trust the results vs the method to get them.

Elliott....they trust him to win hard road games and shelter Hart who has struggled on the road. Yes he has bad goals but he also battles thru lots of games. But look at his splits vs Hart:

At Home: Hart 15-2-2, 1.62 GAA, .943 SV% vs Elliott 4-2-2, 2.42 GAA, .910 SV%
On the Road: Hart 3-10-1 3.88 GAA, .855 SV% vs Elliott 11-5-2, 3.10 GAA, .894 SV%

Elliott's numbers don't sway a crazy amount when on the road. Still wins 2/3 games, half a goal worse, bit worse SV%. Compared to Hart where he gives up 2 more goals and a full % point worse on saves...and the record....ouch.

I am not sure what they do down the stretch and in the playoffs if we make them. I guess if we kick ass in all these home games coming up, see if Hart can get the road confidence up as well. Certainly Hart needs to figure it out at some point.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of Fletch and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of me.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I would think Carter is our main trade target.

Giroux / Couturier / Voracek
Farabee / Hayes / Konecny
JVR / Carter / Laughton
Pitlick / Bunamann / Aube Kubel

I put Raffl as the guy out, only because I think Bunny has played well. And Raffl just seems invisible.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Raffl is one of those players I view as a hockey barometer. If someone doesn’t value what he brings, it’s fair to wonder what they’re watching outside of what shows up on the boxscore.

- He’s solid in transition
- Great in 50/50 battles
- Strong on the puck
- Can create space for himself & his teammates
- Practically always has his body or stick in the right right spot (a passing or shooting lane) in the defensive zone
- Is an asset on the PK

I could go on and on here. His hands and separation speed could be better. Outside of that, he’s exactly who I’d want playing in my bottom 6 if I ran an NHL team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think part of the issue is that the Flyers have 3 players best suited to play bottom 6 LW and only 2 open spots.

JVR - Laughton - Raffl

My preferred solution is moving Laughton to 4C

JVR - 3C* - NAK/Pitlick
Raffl - Laughton - NAK/Pitlick

*Frost, Patrick, Trade

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think part of the issue is that the Flyers have 3 players best suited to play bottom 6 LW and only 2 open spots.

JVR - Laughton - Raffl

My preferred solution is moving Laughton to 4C

JVR - 3C* - NAK/Pitlick
Raffl - Laughton - NAK/Pitlick

*Frost, Patrick, Trade

Right now I wouldn't change a thing.
Not sure Laughton is as suited as Bunnaman to 4C, Bunnaman is more physical.
Laughton is more experienced and much stronger as a 3C than Frost, and JVR seems to have taken to the play maker role on that line.

If things stop working, then make a change.

Patrick is a pipe dream this season, and even if he comes back next year, you need an insurance policy.
A trade is a possibility, but to make the money work, you'd almost have to include Laughton or Raffl.
And we have to see what happens with the college players.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
The Jets should go back to their original logo/jersey sets.
images (22).jpg
images (20).jpg

AGREED.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I know the logical thing to do would be to root for the Rangers tonight, but I can’t. I just can’t, the very thought makes me want to hurl.

f*** the Rangers, today, all day and every day.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Think of it this way... a Rangers win helps us, and lessens their lottery odds.
I can dig that. My dream is that the Rangers finish 9th every year, never, ever win a top 3 pick and draft a Pavel Brendl clone each and every year. One of the best things about the Flyers winning another Cup will be to be able to chant NINETY-FOUR, NINETY-FOUR every time those f***ers soil our building!

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I can dig that. My dream is that the Rangers finish 9th every year, never, ever win a top 3 pick and draft a Pavel Brendl clone each and every year. One of the best things about the Flyers winning another Cup will be to be able to chant NINETY-FOUR, NINETY-FOUR every time those f*ckers soil our building!
This is a beautiful dream. Also, I see Trouba getting an incoming suspension...

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad