GDT: [#62] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 2:00 PM CST (FSSW, ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gotta love Janmark. 3-3 now on not converting on breakaways tonight but at least he is getting the chances. Maybe one will go in some day

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also that was clearly a penalty that wasn't called on the Hawks there

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I guess we won't see Gurianov again tonight

Maybe not Hintz either as neither has played in a while. Not even sure Gurianov has played this period

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I guess we won't see Gurianov again tonight

Maybe not Hintz either as neither has played in a while. Not even sure Gurianov has played this period
he did, but there was a lot of special teams play that period, so of course he isn't going to play

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Perry with Benn is something I've been wanting to see again since he got going. They were good together early in the year when Perry was playing well for a short while.

I hope they stick with this. Plus, I've always like Hintz and Gurianov playing together. A defensive guy like Dickinson seems like a good fit for them. Plus, of all the defensive forwards, I think he's the best offensively. Without almost any PP time, he is close in points to Faksa.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Perry with Benn is something I've been wanting to see again since he got going. They were good together early in the year when Perry was playing well for a short while.

I hope they stick with this. Plus, I've always like Hintz and Gurianov playing together. A defensive guy like Dickinson seems like a good fit for them. Plus, of all the defensive forwards, I think he's the best offensively. Without almost any PP time, he is close in points to Faksa.

Only problem that line can't take any defensive faceoffs. Dickinson and Hintz are not good at faceoffs.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Problem is, they will refuse to play Hintz/Guri/Dicky in most situations and will only play 7-9 minutes a night.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Only problem that line can't take any defensive faceoffs. Dickinson and Hintz are not good at faceoffs.

I forgot why I was looking up faceoff stats a few days ago, but I noticed something odd about Dickinson. He's the only guy who takes regular faceoffs that is better in the defensive zone than the offensive zone, and his average in the defensive zone is 2nd to only Seguin.

That said, your point still is correct. He's not as trusted in those situations, but your comment reminded me of that odd stat I saw.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm not sure if this will work, but hopefully if you click the link below it will open Dallas' faceoff numbers this season. It's pretty interesting to see the breakdown. Also shows how much of a beast Seguin as been in all situations.

NHL.com Stats

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I know money is tight ... I know it's going to cost $2.75 to $3 million to sign him and it might take 2 years .... I know he's older ... I think they should re-sign Khudobin. You might even lose him in the expansion draft if you did that, but still ... I don't think it's time to move on from the Bishop-Khudobin duo in net.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Important win. Very important. And Yes Khudobin should get re-signed and also he should re-sign here. He's never had as much success as he has with the Stars. If he goes to a team that doesn't help him out as much his numbners will drop probably like a rock.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No f***ing way should Sekera rotate with Polak anymore . No way. He played 24:44 tonight . Thats most of anyone on the Stars .

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
No f*cking way should Sekera rotate with Polak anymore . No way. He played 24:44 tonight . Thats most of anyone on the Stars .

He played really well. It's hard to justify that rotation moving forward ... especially after you look at the last 2 games.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not sure if this will work, but hopefully if you click the link below it will open Dallas' faceoff numbers this season. It's pretty interesting to see the breakdown. Also shows how much of a beast Seguin as been in all situations.

NHL.com Stats

Dickinson being 37% on the road & 51.1% seems like a crazy difference, but I haven't done any research of faceoffs so maybe it's normal for some players. I know you should probably be better at home when you have last change but a 14.1% difference is a lot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest that Khudobin is one of our 5 most important players. Shit, you could even argue he’s in the top 3 with Bishop and Heiskanen.

Bring him back at any reasonable cost. Give Oettinger more time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I just looked this up . Esa has played 73.4% of all of the Stars PK minutes this season and man he leads the league in PK minutes by a massive amount .

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Shapiro directly asked if Sekera's play changed how Dallas viewed the rotation going forward. Bowness obviously declined to answer.

I will say, immediately prior to that question, he was rolling through the same shtick about neither guy getting scratched was for performance issues. He did not seem like a guy who was unhappy with Polak's play.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Gotta love Janmark. 3-3 now on not converting on breakaways tonight but at least he is getting the chances. Maybe one will go in some day
Didn’t see the game, but watched the highlights. As soon as I saw Janmark get a breakaway, I thought to myself, “Whelp, I’m pretty sure that wasn’t one of the Stars goals.” I was right. Then, when he got the penalty shot immediately after, I thought the same thing. I was right again.

Dude is fast, but we pretty much have to accept that it will only be helpful for defense. I was legitimately shocked when he got a goal the other night. . . until I saw that Pavelski put it right on his tape with an open net in front of him. But, even then, I was a bit concerned. . .

It was so nice to see Hintz and Gurianov emerge with both speed and finish. So nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad