Post-Game Talk: #62 | Avalanche at FLYERS | Tuesday, February 28, 2017| Raffl LBI, to be re-evaluated

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Giroux with 2 PP points, final score should be 3:0 instead, I am so confused. We must trade him and his useless PP points

To be honest, I think PP points should take away from a players point total....

The fact that it's 2017 and they still count as points is a disgrace to WWI veterans.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
OT wins and losses shouldnt count either.
its sad! and unfair! to all those years teams only played 60 minutes and settled for ties.

Also a good point.

Maybe players who score OT GWGs should be suspended for one game? I don't know, just spitballing here.

We need to discourage players from scoring anywhere other than 5v5...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we beat the Colorado Avalanche. This is one of the truly worst teams in recent memory. They are on pace to be even worse than those 2 Sabres teams that were apocalyptically bad from 2013-2015. And since the win streak, they're the only team worse than us. You might want to just hold off a little on that whole "playoff push" thing ;)

The Avs are horrendous no doubt. But we are much better than what we have been playing like. With normal to above avg goaltending and players starting to score again we are in good shape. I think it's a confidence thing which can be helped with a game like this.

We play games upcoming against the panthers, bruins, and leafs. We are only 4 pts back of the leafs with the same games in hand. You'd think we were 10 points back with the talk around here!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Avs are horrendous no doubt. But we are much better than what we have been playing like. With normal to above avg goaltending and players starting to score again we are in good shape. I think it's a confidence thing which can be helped with a game like this.

We play games upcoming against the panthers, bruins, and leafs. We are only 4 pts back of the leafs with the same games in hand. You'd think we were 10 points back with the talk around here!

The talk around here by and large has been entirely commensurate with what we have seen on the ice. Let's wait and see how they do against a real team before we start planning the parades.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
we can regulate teams to the AHL for scoring too much in non 5 on 5 situations.
if they dont learn down there, dissolve the teams

Yeah, if you send a team down then they get replaced by the AHL team with the least non-5v5 goals. Tiebreaker would be the team with the most 5v5 goals.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
To be honest, I think PP points should take away from a players point total....

The fact that it's 2017 and they still count as points is a disgrace to WWI veterans.

This is something I will never understand. When meeting the WW veterans, how can the league officials look them straight in the eyes, saying "yes.. we do play powerplays" Not even a single apology!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is something I will never understand. When meeting the WW veterans, how can the league officials look them straight in the eyes, saying "yes.. we do play powerplays" Not even a single apology!

"Thank you for your service. You are the real HEEE-roes.
But we will still count power play points. Gary said so."

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
Colorado was shockingly bad. I switched over the Rags Caps game after the first period and never switched back.

hoping we can acquire some late round picks at the TDL, but im not getting my hopes up.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I didn't get to see the game, but I'm confused as to why there aren't any 'lets trade Schenn and Sanheim for Duchene' threads here today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad