6'2" 205lb. RHD Kenney Morrison And 6'3" 220lb. C Bryce Van Brabant Going Pro?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Plus, I believe we have the SJ one from Mike Brown..

Thanks for that, I hardly get all hot and bothered for 4th round picks but I thought that the one that we got for Bryz was for this season but I honestly couldn't remember.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So would this Morrison be able to play in the AHL or NHL right away if he signs this weekend?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I believe the current trend is to sign immediately and play to burn a year on the contract.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Same deal as every other year, if we can sign them great if not I'm not going to be overly dissapointed. Usually quite rare that these guys make much of an impact.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I thought this would be the best place to put this.

There is talk of Kevin Hayes of Boston College not signing with the Blackhawks. He would not become a UFA until August 15th (I think that is the date). He is 6.04 and 216 pounds according to Elite Prospects. He has got 56 points (24 of them being goals) in 37 games. Does anyone have any reports on him and his style? He is an intriguing prospect who I would think the Oilers would be very interested in if he does not end up signing with Chicago.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

There is talk of Kevin Hayes of Boston College not signing with the Blackhawks. He would not become a UFA until August 15th (I think that is the date). He is 6.04 and 216 pounds according to Elite Prospects. He has got 56 points (24 of them being goals) in 37 games. Does anyone have any reports on him and his style? He is an intriguing prospect who I would think the Oilers would be very interested in if he does not end up signing with Chicago.

I really hope he signs in Chicago. If he decides not sign I would imagine he signs with Calgary, since they don't really have forward depth, and his line mat is JG.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1h
McKenzie "the big College FA, the guy everyone thinks can step in right away is the Swedish D Folin."

Mckenzie "Canadian teams are big on him. Mon, Edm & Ott are involved as well as the Wild and Flyers."

Mckenzie "Folin can make an impact this season but he's ineligible for the playoffs"

Here is what Corey Pronam thinks of Folin after a fan asked about him.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 8h
Fringe 4/ good 5. Dont get too excited. RT @Sebmono: . @coreypronman what is the projection on Christian Folin?

Sethis

May 9, 2004

It would be unreal if we could add him. Where are you hearing this talk?

I really hope he signs in Chicago. If he decides not sign I would imagine he signs with Calgary, since they don't really have forward depth, and his line mat is JG.

This would really suck. And is also a pretty big possibility. Their relationship is covered here: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...ollege-kevin-hayes-johnny-gaudreau-jerry-york

"Best friends on and off the ice"

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1h
McKenzie "the big College FA, the guy everyone thinks can step in right away is the Swedish D Folin."

Mckenzie "Canadian teams are big on him. Mon, Edm & Ott are involved as well as the Wild and Flyers."

Mckenzie "Folin can make an impact this season but he's ineligible for the playoffs"

Here is what Corey Pronam thinks of Folin after a fan asked about him.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 8h
Fringe 4/ good 5. Dont get too excited. RT @Sebmono: . @coreypronman what is the projection on Christian Folin?

You've gotta think we'd have more appeal than other teams. He can step into the lineup right now in place of Fraser

Sethis

May 9, 2004
You've gotta think we'd have more appeal than other teams. He can step into the lineup right now in place of Fraser

Or, alternatively, would allow us to drop Klefbom down to the Barons to help with their stretch run. Win-win.

The third guy, Bill Arnold, on the Gaudreau/Hayes line is Calgary property too.

Hrm. Even scarier. I'm not getting greedy any more, lets hope he just signs with the Hawks.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I have no idea why a player like Kenney Morrison went undrafted. With his size, his stats in the BCHL or the USHL and being right hand shot I see no reason to get passed over on two drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad