6'2" 205lb. RHD Kenney Morrison And 6'3" 220lb. C Bryce Van Brabant Going Pro?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I have no idea why a player like Kenney Morrison went undrafted. With his size, his stats in the BCHL or the USHL and being right hand shot I see no reason to get passed over on two drafts.

Wasn't he eligible in 2010? It'd kind of make sense not to take a guy who's highest level hockey was his 1 game in the AJHL

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary signed Van Brabant today:

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.ca/2014/03/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html

He sounds like a big hitter but his offensive numbers aren't very impressive. 22 points in 40 games as a 21 year old at Quinnipiac isn't great - especially considering the Jones brothers were point-per-game players on the same team and are seen as fringe AHL players at best.

At the same time, can't argue with 6'3, 200 pounds. I'm hoping we sign one of Folin or Morrison in the next little while.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.ca/2014/03/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html

He sounds like a big hitter but his offensive numbers aren't very impressive. 22 points in 40 games as a 21 year old at Quinnipiac isn't great - especially considering the Jones brothers were point-per-game players on the same team and are seen as fringe AHL players at best.

At the same time, can't argue with 6'3, 200 pounds. I'm hoping we sign one of Folin or Morrison in the next little while.

I wouldn't have minded him at all. Possible good signing by Burke. Agreed I'd love to land Morrison or Folin maybe even both! :naughty:

Oct 30, 2011

Good for Calgary. They've got some size in their system. I hope he becomes more than just an AHL player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Last news of Kenney is that he was attending the LA Kings Development camp. When do you guys think he will make a decision and sign with a team?

I have no idea but it seems like he is planning on heading back for his junior season.

We need him a lot more than you guys do damn it! :rant: :p: ;)

Mike The Franchise

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
I have no idea but it seems like he is planning on heading back for his junior season.

We need him a lot more than you guys do damn it! :rant: :p: ;)

Haha ya can't argue that. I guess it'll all depend on if he wants top minutes or to play with a contender. Usually kids like Kenney tend to pick the team that they can play top minutes with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad