LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What a time to be alive :laugh:

858.gif

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
No way - Tastycakes isn't much of a thing here. More of a Little Debbies/Hostess area. Also, I am trying not to be one of the massive fatties lol. I wasn't too careful at all with my eating in Japan, but I was walking tons and tons every day, so I don't think I did too much damage. I kind of ate enough on the plane, which I was on for something like 11 hours, so I wasn't too hungry. We stopped at Ruby Tuesday on the way home and I had the salad bar and a blackened tilapia, but it was "blackened" just by adding some cajun spices and wasn't made right at all (but was still OK, I guess). We stopped at QT so I could get some real tobacco to shove in my mouth, and I was disappointed not to see the jalapeno sausages baked into the rolls (or whatever - like pigs in a blanket) like they used to be - they had the sausages, but they were just laying there naked like wangs. I'm hoping they still have them in the mornings like they used to, because if they don't, it's rampage time.
You're back in the States for 11 minutes and the first thing you have is fish?? If I were you I wouldn't want to eat any fish for the next 7 years, like seriously no thanks.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Empire
A New Hope
Rogue One
Solo
Return of the Jedi
The Last Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Clone Wars
Phantom Menace

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It’s probably more of a bad timing thing than anything. People are probably getting some fatigue of Star Wars pushing a new movie out every year.

Not to mention Infinity War then Deadpool 2 coming out right before it.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Despite the bad press over low box office, it seems like everyone I know that has seen it has liked it.

Don't think they advertised it well either. I don't feel like theres not enough time between the main story late last year, and Solo coming out early this year. They need to separate them more.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Today my rage has reached CDP levels.

I am livid.

I’ll post about it later.

I'll give you a little warm-up to get you going.

6 years in the jungle - saw 0 snakes
2 days on the farm - saw one snake

And the internet situation ... if I weren't too lazy to raise my arm, I would shake my fist at the universe.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I agree. Need to spread them out more.

They spread it out from 1984 to 1999 - that's more than enough :laugh: They do need better marketing for sure. These standalones aren't necessarily the easiest sell to people, especially in this climate where people are bingeing series and really buying into the epic quality of things with depth and mythology and continuity, including, but not limited to, the Marvel Universe. (The standalones are part of that bigger mythology, of course, but they are diferent.) It's similar, in a way, to the difference between novels and short stories, in that people are just naturally less likely to get stuck into something that isn't going anywhere after it's finished (i.e. no sequels, no mystery to unravel further, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad