OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Skynet is taking over.

giphy.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Probably no one that doesn't spend hours reading up on details after each episode.

Show is stupid, it totally lost me this season. Good acting, a good concept, good production, etc. Dumb execution.
The bouncing time line really hurt the show for me.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
OK, so I'm going to ask a question and I'm prepared for it to seriously trigger some people.

The Office.

I watched the first season (6 episodes) and like 5 episodes of the 2nd season... does it get significantly better or is this kinda how it's going to continue? Maybe this is just one of those shows that's not for me... but I figured I'd give it a try based on reputation and since I loved Parks and Rec and they're often mentioned as similar-ish shows. I'm just finding Michael Scott to be too cringey to tolerate.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
First season was trying to be as dry as the original (which I love, ironically), didnt work very well for me. From the second on it got better and better. Love that show

Reactions: Striiker

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
OK, so I'm going to ask a question and I'm prepared for it to seriously trigger some people.

The Office.

I watched the first season (6 episodes) and like 5 episodes of the 2nd season... does it get significantly better or is this kinda how it's going to continue? Maybe this is just one of those shows that's not for me... but I figured I'd give it a try based on reputation and since I loved Parks and Rec and they're often mentioned as similar-ish shows. I'm just finding Michael Scott to be too cringey to tolerate.
The cringiness won't stop, but I thought it got better as it went along. I recently started rewatching and have been stuck at the end of season one for a while now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
First season was trying to be as dry as the original (which I love, ironically), didnt work very well for me. From the second on it got better and better. Love that show
OK, so you recommend toughing it out for a bit and giving it another chance?

The cringiness won't stop, but I thought it got better as it went along. I recently started rewatching and have been stuck at the end of season one for a while now.
I can handle some, but right now it seems like there's too much of that an not enough other things to water it down.

Reactions: kudymen

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
The Office seasons 2-6 are fantastic.

Mike Scott is cringey a ton early on. They smooth him out later, but he still has moments. He becomes likeable, believe it or not. Stick with it.

It's so worth it. The blow up of Jan on the beach in the warehouse, I'm still laughing. Comedy gold. The dinner party episode is one of my favorite things all time.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
OK, so you recommend toughing it out for a bit and giving it another chance?

I would say give the second (which got softer IMO as it went by - softer as in the humour being not as dry anymore) and third (if you got time on your hands for that) a chance - I think that would be the point of making final decision :)

But I hope it will get better for you, there are lots of fine moments you would miss, like the evolution of Creed's character and such

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The Office.

To be upfront, I wasn't a fan. It wasn't Jurassic World bad or anything, but it wasn't particularly good either.

From what I remember, it started picking up somewhere in the middle of Season 2. It might be worth a few more/finishing the season, but you're getting into the area where you're going to like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad