Post-Game Talk: #61| San Jose Sharks @ New York Islanders| February 23rd | 5:00 PM | F/W 4-1

How many goals will we score today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
You haven't figured out yet that it isn't the coaching?! God could coach our PP. Wouldn't make a difference.
But it’s that nothing seems to have changed...at all. Trotz took essentially the same team Weight had and made them play within a system. Wasn’t Hiller supposed to be a PP wizard?

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
But it’s that nothing seems to have changed...at all. Trotz took essentially the same team Weight had and made them play within a system. Wasn’t Hiller supposed to be a PP wizard?
What are you talking about, same team? JT is one of the best in close goal scorers in the league. Truly elite in that category and you think it's the same team?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I thought they said Greiss wasn’t one of the answers?

maybe he wasn’t. I’m just guessing. I can’t think of another goalie who played for both and won 20 games besides them.

Hrudey played for them but I don’t think he won 20 games?

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
What are you talking about, same team? JT is one of the best in close goal scorers in the league. Truly elite in that category and you think it's the same team?
Ok so he took a team minus their top player and made them more competitive. Doesn’t that actually work in favor of my point?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Love this aggressive Barzal using his speed and splitting the defense. As long as he picks his spots and doesn’t start trying to force it he should be fine. That’s what leads to his turnovers.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
How does it not? Shouldn’t a new coach bring in new ideas? New set up? New system? Change personnel?
Listen, I'm not going to extend this debate, particularly during the middle of a game, other than to say this. We lost one of the premier goal scorers in the league and he has not been replaced. His presence masked a lot of otherwise mediocre skills among the remaining players, with the exception of Barzal of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad