GDT: #61 - Capitals vs. Sabres at 1 PM ET on MSG-B, NHLN, and WGR

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Someone from out of town go buy some cortizone, because I'm pretty sure they just pumped every ounce in Buffalo into Skins.

Reactions: Ristostadt

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
We’re wining a game and playing great so let’s whine about Sam’s bridge deal.

I wanted Sam signed for 8 years but I can live with the bridge. Worst case scenario is we pay star money to a star. Oh noes.

No it won’t haunt us. Paying crappy players big money does, acquiring crappy players will. Paying a star money in line with his play will not.

It’s not about living with it. It’s about a wasted opportunity with such a small benefit as to be very stupid.

Cup teams don’t pay top rate for all of their top players.

I mean, coming from people who try to say the O’Reilly deal might have blocked Skinner getting picked up, let alone resigned, is mind boggling.

We might not be able to have 4 nice forwards because O’Reilly was paid market rate, but it won’t matter for Sam getting market rate??? Does the flaw in this logic seem to obvious or am I missing something?

Jack at 10
Jeff at 9
Sam at 8.5-9
Dahlin at 10
Risto?
Mitts?
Pilut?
Thompson?

Sure you can pay Sam market rate and not feel bad about him getting paid in a very narrow sense. But it means you have less ability to surround him and the rest with a team.

Back to the Game, wee might win.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It’s not about living with it. It’s about a wasted opportunity with such a small benefit as to be very stupid.

Cup teams don’t pay top rate for all of their top players.

I mean, coming from people who try to say the O’Reilly deal might have blocked Skinner getting picked up, let alone resigned, is mind boggling.

We might not be able to have 4 nice forwards because O’Reilly was paid market rate, but it won’t matter for Sam getting market rate??? Does the flaw in this logic seem to obvious or am I missing something?

Jack at 10
Jeff at 9
Sam at 8.5-9
Dahlin at 10
Risto?
Mitts?
Pilut?
Thompson?

Sure you can pay Sam market rate and not feel bad about him getting paid in a very narrow sense. But it means you have less ability to surround him and the rest with a team.

Back to the Game, wee might win.
Tears

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
vintage-gumby-hockey-jersey-sz-mens_1_c98dfe022fb228a952c2799b8b135f50.jpg

Reactions: joshjull

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I didn’t see the injury when it happened, only a gif. From the gif it didn’t look too bad. Glad that turned out to be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad