Post-Game Talk: #61 | Blue Jackets 1 at FLYERS 2 | Thu., Feb. 22, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don't give a **** what the organizational lackeys on this board will say, or how many times they'll point to the recent record as some sort of sign of good coaching, Hakstol's personnel decisions late in close games will cost them playoff wins. This teams top line players, and the emergence of Patrick is the only reason this team has made a push to where they are in the standings. And yet this guy thinks the liabilities on the roster are actually the ones best suited to protect a one goal lead. Unbelievable.

I think Hextall may come down from the rafters and give Hak that 90s magic he used to use if he throws out

Weise - Filp - Lehtera
Hagg - Amac

For the final 1:30min up by 1 goal in the playoffs like he does every f***ing game because you know f*** hakstol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think Hextall may come down from the rafters and give Hak that 90s magic he used to use if he throws out

Weise - Filp - Lehtera
Hagg - Amac

For the final 1:30min up by 1 goal in the playoffs like he does every ****ing game because you know **** hakstol

You'd like to think so, but it's not like it would be breaking news - this dunce has been doing stupid **** like that since he got here.

Reactions: Foggy14

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

Weise - Filp - Lehtera
Hagg - Amac

For the final 1:30min up by 1 goal in the playoffs like he does every ****ing game because you know **** hakstol
those are 5 of the worst players ive ever seen in Flyers uniforms...and they are all on the ice at the same time. just ****ing insane.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I have no idea what's going on either. Oh wait, he spoke about the shooting - this was their first home game since it, I think? But someone said he was retiring too.

He did say something in the speech about "when he retires", but all that meant was when his playing days are done. His actual salary dips to 1.6m in 2020, so maybe then, but not when he is still making multi-millions and playing decently.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Not only are they all on the ice at the same time, they are out after a goal against, a Flyers goal, the final 2:00, etc. Haks usage of these guys blows my mind. If he does that in the playoffs I will have a heart attack

When he does this, you need to chew 2 children's Aspirin and elevate your feet. Dial 9-1 just to be ready. Wear loose-fitting clothing and clear the entryway for the EMTs to get their gear into your home.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Hi guys, i didn't get a chance to see the game. Looks like Mrazek played well? or did he just have little work (19 SOG)?
He played well. Made a few great saves, not many goalies would have stopped Panarins shot on an odd man rush. He is great at handling the puck, which is a breath of fresh air compared to the journeys Elliott and Neuvirth go on. I'm really happy with him so far, I hope he plays well enough to be re-signed.

Reactions: Patrick Division

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, the village idiot is coaching the hottest team in the NHL, despite no Konecny.

Mrazek looked good, he's athletic, quick and generally controlled rebounds, but I'm not getting excited yet, I've seen Neuvirth play like Vezina trophy winner for short stretches. But the raw potential is there.

Christien

May 1, 2010
He played well. Made a few great saves, not many goalies would have stopped Panarins shot on an odd man rush. He is great at handling the puck, which is a breath of fresh air compared to the journeys Elliott and Neuvirth go on. I'm really happy with him so far, I hope he plays well enough to be re-signed.
Happy for you guys. I think it was a fair trade and Petr really needed a fresh start. Liked Petr since his WJC run in his D+1 year. His ability to play the puck is excellent. Anyways, I hope he takes you guys on a deep run this year!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well, the village idiot is coaching the hottest team in the NHL, despite no Konecny.

Mrazek looked good, he's athletic, quick and generally controlled rebounds, but I'm not getting excited yet, I've seen Neuvirth play like Vezina trophy winner for short stretches. But the raw potential is there.

Although 2/3 of posts seem to include some kind of criticism of Hakstol, he has the team playing really well. I know everyone wants to believe it's in spite of him, but I think he deserves at least some credit.

Also, good point about Mrazek vis a vis Neuvirth. There are some similarities between the two. Quick athletic goalies who can look like world beaters or who can give up brutal goals. Let's just hope Mrazek stays hot. He's certainly done it before.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

that is good to hear.

My quick scouting report on Mrazek:

He is an "athletic" goalie. He is also highly aggressive. He plays the puck extremely well. He really does have the talent to be your #1. Feel free to visit the red wings board and see the crap storm of posts about us moving him LOL.

His weakness includes - prone to being vulnerable to cross-ice passes. (since he is so aggressive, he is usually out of position for really solid passing (east-west). this can be avoided with good defenders.
His only other weakness is giving up large rebounds sometimes, and sometimes being out of position.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
source.gif

Nice win!

Good to see G get one by Bob.

Mrazek sure came through in his debut. Very athletic with some nice puck skills. Great save in the 2nd (Wennberg) to prevent our 10th shortie against.

Speaking of short-handed goals against, I'd really like to see some sign that the coaches are working to fix the problem of numerous chances against when we have the PP. This kind of stuff can lose you games in the playoffs.

Looks like playing Patrick more than nine minutes a night has worked out.

You've got to take single game "possession" stats with a grain of salt, but Jori at 18.75 CF% and -31.25 CF% Rel? Holy crap!

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Crazy I felt different then most on here about Mrazek's play. I thought he was pretty good and you can really see his athleticism but his technical skills and rebound control left me a little nervous. I definitely didn't feel super calm with him in net as his play seemed to lead to a lot of scrambly situations but you can also see a ton of potential if he can refine his game a little.

Reactions: Magua

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I made a post late last night about how I think it is disgusting if people were actually hoping Manning was hurt on that play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad