Post-Game Talk: #61 | Blue Jackets 1 at FLYERS 2 | Thu., Feb. 22, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I made a post late last night about how I think it is disgusting if people were actually hoping Manning was hurt on that play.

I'm with you, Boxcar. I want Manning on the sidelines, even in a platoon situation, but I don't want him hurt. Unfortunately, injuries are too often the only way a younger player can crack a roster. Gostisbehere is our poster child, and I always think of Cal Ripken Jr. in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I only caught the 2nd and that was ugly. Glad they pulled it out. Just heard that Manning got hurt, but also he went back to the bench, doesn't sound serious.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
So Mrazek is really FAST - it's pretty fun to watch...though I keep wanting to combine him with that pop singer Jason Mraz.

Is Manning finally going to be out of the lineup?

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I'm with you, Boxcar. I want Manning on the sidelines, even in a platoon situation, but I don't want him hurt. Unfortunately, injuries are too often the only way a younger player can crack a roster. Gostisbehere is our poster child, and I always think of Cal Ripken Jr. in this regard.

Nick Foles :)

And yeh...Tom Brady.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
lindbolm Looks great glad they moved him up a line

Lindblom has looked good. Still needs to add some muscle and work on balance. Seems to get knocked over quiet a lot, but that will come with time

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Shayne should be up for Norris consideration.

I was about to reply that to another post. 100% agreed. He should have been at the All Star game (though that's insignificant) but yeah, it's time the NHL starts recognizing him. He also is easy to like and they aren't flush with young, likable talent to market - especially dynamic D-men.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I was about to reply that to another post. 100% agreed. He should have been at the All Star game (though that's insignificant) but yeah, it's time the NHL starts recognizing him. He also is easy to like and they aren't flush with young, likable talent to market - especially dynamic D-men.
My concern is it's a reputation award.

Like PK Subban will win it this year, because he was snubbed in years past.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I'm hoping the NHL doesn't start recognizing his embellishment.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My grandmother is stronger on the puck than Dale Weise

I could stack the heads of both of my grandmothers and both of my grandfathers and most of my ancestors one on top of the other and the resulting totem would look more human than Moonhead. I'm sure it's not fair to focus on a guy's looks this much, especially when he was clearly the victim of some kind of unfortunate forceps-related stretching incident at birth, but I'm just that sick of the sight of him in a Flyers uniform that I can't help it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad