GDT: #61 – Sabres at Avalanche – Sat Feb 25, 10:00PM ET – MSG-B

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I mean seriously, what can be the argument? "He's better than you are so it's only fair to let you tackle him."

This is why NHL is and will continue to be a ****-tier sports league.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
NHL is a joke. I'm still pissed about how we were robbed of a win at Dallas earlier this year, and the non-calls. Ridiculous.

With that being said, the Sabre do realize they need to shot, right?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What happened to NHL officiating? I don't get it... the last 2-3 years is totally bizarre

Consistency. And I think it's happening in more sports than just hockey, but there's no consistency amongst the calls, not only game to game but within games and within even series of play.

I think the whole live video and streaming and replay are part of the issue, but another part is the league not being strict with its refs on what is a call and what isn't.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Not sure which I'm more mad about, the garbage officiating or the garbage effort in a must-win game against the worst team in the NHL.

Either way, start selling now. This team is so far off. :shakehead

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Not sure which I'm more mad about, the garbage officiating or the garbage effort in a must-win game against the worst team in the NHL.

Either way, start selling now. This team is so far off. :shakehead

Easily the effort. That was a shameful 3rd period, dont think they had one really good chance on a nothing goaltender.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
the view of the ref staring at Eichel getting a stick between the legs and keeping his hands in his pockets should be plastered all over the NHL twitter, Facebook, message board, anywhere they look until fans get an answer about the absolute trash officiating. It's not just this game, it's been all year, McDavid gets hauled down 5 times a game with blatant penalties and no response from the league. Well you can't say they didn't see that one, just a joke of a league.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I mean seriously, what can be the argument? "He's better than you are so it's only fair to let you tackle him."

This is why NHL is and will continue to be a ****-tier sports league.

It happened twice inside of 2 minutes!!! Gretzky would get tapped by a stick and a penalty would be called. This isn't old time hockey because old time hockey would have allowed, Semenko or Ray or Probert come out and beat the **** out of anyone who mugged their star player. What the heck has happened to the officiating in this sport???

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
but another part is the league not being strict with its refs on what is a call and what isn't.

You know its a problem when the fans in the arena hold the officials accountable more than the NHL do.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Consistency. And I think it's happening in more sports than just hockey, but there's no consistency amongst the calls, not only game to game but within games and within even series of play.

I think the whole live video and streaming and replay are part of the issue, but another part is the league not being strict with its refs on what is a call and what isn't.

It seems so much more deliberate in the NHL. Like a directive.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Well at least we're not the only team that does bad after the bye week....:sarcasm:

sabres1212

Mar 31, 2016
Buffalo, NY
They have to do something about this blue line. Kulikov, Gorges, and Bogosian are consistently bad and take too many penalties. Kane for #3, #4 blue liner and ill be happy.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If there are more PPs and then less
Obstruction we get back to 100 point players, and it costs the owners more money... that's my theory

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I mean.....

[Tweet]835725001751998465[/MEDIA]

That's everything you want in a penalty. Defenseman caught reaching, whiffs, and trips the guy. That's about as obvious as you'll see in the NHL. But we had a PP advantage and it was late in a game, so there's two reasons they didn't call a penalty.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
If there are more PPs and then less
Obstruction we get back to 100 point players, and it costs the owners more money... that's my theory

NHL GMs spoke openly about wanting more obstruction in the game because, according to them, defensemen were getting injured by the speed of unimpeded forecheckers. And...obstruction isn't called anymore. Simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad