OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just finished Ray Donovan, looking for something new to start watching..any recommendations?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
That moment when you sign up for Illustrator instead of Photoshop by accident thinking ahead for the playoffs.

Gonna need a GoFundMe to do Playoff Avatars again so I can pay for Photoshop, haha.
The way they've been playing "Flyers - They'll get you in the end!" would be a very true photoshop of mine.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Ayyy I'm not the youngest regular on this board, I'll take it.

Rookie mistake was also a play on our playoff avatar theme a few years back (I think that was our theme? I don't even remember clearly)
I think I remember that. I've only been a member here since September, but I've been browsing and lurking since 2011 or so and I'm pretty sure I remember people having those avatars at one point.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Ayyy I'm not the youngest regular on this board, I'll take it.

Rookie mistake was also a play on our playoff avatar theme a few years back (I think that was our theme? I don't even remember clearly)

From what I have been told by others there r kids as young as 13 that post here.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What classes do you teach?

I teach Listening and Speaking, and Mass Communications, and something like "Communication in Business English" ... I can never remember what it's called, but it's basically just more English, with a focus on business stuff, which I know next to nothing about. Luckily, it doesn't really matter - I always tell people "there's no such thing as 'Business English,' it's just a marketing tool - 'Business English' is just regular English with some business terms and situations thrown around." I don't know what I'm doing anymore lol.

The Mass Com class I built from scratch when I first got here (I've done that with all of my courses, but that one in particular) and it's cool because I have stuff to talk about that I actually care about. Like I found a way to get some history in there, and I have a part where I talk about comic strips, and film noir. Of course, I'm so sick of being here that it's hard to enjoy at the moment lol.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
That moment when you sign up for Illustrator instead of Photoshop by accident thinking ahead for the playoffs.

Gonna need a GoFundMe to do Playoff Avatars again so I can pay for Photoshop, haha.
Try pixlr.com its a free online editor that does most of what photoshop can do.

Reactions: kudymen

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Based on your birth certificate, you shouldn't be surprised.
giphy.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I teach Listening and Speaking, and Mass Communications, and something like "Communication in Business English" ... I can never remember what it's called, but it's basically just more English, with a focus on business stuff, which I know next to nothing about. Luckily, it doesn't really matter - I always tell people "there's no such thing as 'Business English,' it's just a marketing tool - 'Business English' is just regular English with some business terms and situations thrown around."

Hm. Of course I had to take a semester or two of Business English.... Now I know the secret.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hm. Of course I had to take a semestr or two of Business English.... Now I know the secret.

It's a "gimmick" in a sense, it's "branding," but it works fine in the end, because you are still practicing English - that's all that matters. Once you have the basics down and understood, the best thing you can do is have conversations in English. The only real problem with "Business English" is teachers who don't understand what it is and try to focus on teaching a business class instead of an English class.

Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
It's a "gimmick" in a sense, it's "branding," but it works fine in the end, because you are still practicing English - that's all that matters. Once you have the basics down and understood, the best thing you can do is have conversations in English. The only real problem with "Business English" is teachers who don't understand what it is and try to focus on teaching a business class instead of an English class.

Our American guy had no problem picking the right focus, spent a lot of evenings focusing on Czech beer instead of picking between business class and English class :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad