OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Today I learned that looking at my account, I only have 1 infraction since March 2017. So only 1 in a year!

The previous year, I had 11. Needless to say, that NJ fan got to me. And no I don't think Kitten is him for those who do.

Haha I think my latest infraction was sometimes early after I joined in late 2011, accompanied by a PM from Pens mod, telling me "what a f***ing idiot" I was :laugh:

Hmm but considering what the hell i have been up to since then, this can't be the latest one...

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I did that last October captain. I had been at the same place 10 years. Different reasons but end of the day they are the same. You're so sick of the status quo and the problems that go along with it that you have to do something. My manager made it easy on me. She saw the look on my face as I walked up to her I guess and just guessed pretty much. Anyway. Once I did it I felt like the weight of the world came off my shoulders. Just so relieved and ready to take a new step forward in life. I had been ready to go for a long time but had stuck around for a multitude of reasons without a new job lined up. Didn't care. I had a plan regardless and made it work. And I'm way happier for it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I did that last October captain. I had been at the same place 10 years. Different reasons but end of the day they are the same. You're so sick of the status quo and the problems that go along with it that you have to do something. My manager made it easy on me. She saw the look on my face as I walked up to her I guess and just guessed pretty much. Anyway. Once I did it I felt like the weight of the world came off my shoulders. Just so relieved and ready to take a new step forward in life. I had been ready to go for a long time but had stuck around for a multitude of reasons without a new job lined up. Didn't care. I had a plan regardless and made it work. And I'm way happier for it.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I am making the right decision - even if it ends up being a stupid thing to do, giving up this job, I ultimately don't know how much of a future I have here anyway. I have all this free time to write and finally get something done, but I'm so drained of energy and drive that it is all going to waste, so it's pointless. I left Sweden too early and regretted it, and I wanted to make sure I didn't do that here, but it feels like the right time to go, for sure. I just don't want to have to deal with having the talk - I'm not in the least bit intimidated or anything like that, it's just that I am hoping this guy is who I think he is and has the right reaction to it. If he doesn't, I'm going to be in some mood lol

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah it's easy to keep things status quo, even if unhappy. Change is scary sometimes.

The best explanation I saw was a guy saying how age 0-25 is all about learning, school and being too young to do certain things. Ages 65- onward is about retirement and becoming too old to do certain things.

So that 40 years in between, is all about your job and your life. And to spend 1/3 of your day for 40 years being unhappy in your job, is no way to live. That's 13 years of being unhappy and doesn't count the stess thinking about a bad job when you are not working.

Do what makes you happy bud!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I hate the hbogo app. Hate it. I hate Comcast's streaming app. Hate it.
The comcast app limits what you can and cannot watch on your phone for some odd reason, even if you can watch the same program at home.
The hbogo app that was working a week ago, suddenly wants to pretend that my account info is wrong. The forgot my password link doesn't send an email like it should.
I just want to watch the last half hour of Wonder Woman damnit.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I have another college-related dilemma.

For this class, we have to summarize and respond to the assigned reading. This particular one I'm responding to today was written by our professor. I don't agree with it at all and I think it's total BS. But by the same token, I don't want to fail the assignment, lol. I hate this class so much but it's a gen ed and I have to take it.

On the other hand, this morning I got 100% on the music test I inadvertently showed up two days early for. ;)

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I've been in my office for ten years now and am bored, broken and miserable too. The biggest problem is being a government employee for ten years means I'm halfway to the 20 year mark of service when there's big biggest jump in pension. I also have a ton of vacation and sick time accrued. Between being constantly understaffed, dealing with horrible employees and vendors, and the ongoing stress of losing my brother my anxiety and depression are through the roof and I can't concentrate well enough to start a new job. I wish I could take a few months off, reboot my brain, and then go work somewhere else but I can hardly ever find anything else in the system to try for and then I have to take a damn Civil Service test before I even get considered. I've scored very high on the ones I've taken but I still haven't gotten any interviews yet.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have another college-related dilemma.

For this class, we have to summarize and respond to the assigned reading. This particular one I'm responding to today was written by our professor. I don't agree with it at all and I think it's total BS. But by the same token, I don't want to fail the assignment, lol. I hate this class so much but it's a gen ed and I have to take it.

On the other hand, this morning I got 100% on the music test I inadvertently showed up two days early for. ;)

Butter his bread, on both sides - don't worry about honesty or sincerity. ;) You have to play the game.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Butter his bread, on both sides - don't worry about honesty or sincerity. ;) You have to play the game.
I learned in my freshman year to never go against the professor when I wrote a paper that went against one of their views and beliefs and got a B- on it. It's still the only non A or A- grade I've ever received on a college paper.

I hate hate hate it when they assign their own writings, you literally can't disagree with it :laugh:

It's so hard to say "I agree with this" when, in fact, it's the exact opposite. I'm an awful liar. :(

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I learned in my freshman year to never go against the professor when I wrote a paper that went against one of their views and beliefs and got a B- on it. It's still the only non A or A- grade I've ever received on a college paper.

It's hate hate hate it when they assign their own writings, you literally can't disagree with it :laugh:

When I went back to finish my degree, I took 63 hours - I got As in 60 of them. The only one I got a B in was a horrible Milton class where I had the audacity to challenge the old, old, Milton-aged (300+ year old) professor. But because I'm too stupid to live, I acted the same way in the second survey of American Lit course. Luckily, no one can @ me when it comes to the 20th century and I blew their doors off anyway. The idiot wasted 3 weeks on ****ing Mark Twain - I was pulling my hair out.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
When I went back to finish my degree, I took 63 hours - I got As in 60 of them. The only one I got a B in was a horrible Milton class where I had the audacity to challenge the old, old, Milton-aged (300+ year old) professor. But because I'm too stupid to live, I acted the same way in the second survey of American Lit course. Luckily, no one can @ me when it comes to the 20th century and I blew their doors off anyway. The idiot wasted 3 weeks on ****ing Mark Twain - I was pulling my hair out.
In five semesters so far, I've gotten two grades lower than an A-. The first was in an upper level Spanish class my first ever semester- I pulled in a ****ing 89.6 or something like that. I was that ****ing close to an A-. And I only didn't get it because we had little online assignments due every week that I didn't know were mandatory until three or four weeks in. I assumed it'd be like high school were the teacher reminded you about every little assignment and when it was due. :laugh:

Then the second time was Instructional Design and Assessment last semester. I actually had a high A in there most of the semester, but my group got a C on our main project and dropped me to a B+. It was one of the major factors in me deciding to drop the ed part of my major, lol.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

You willingly signed up for a Milton class? You, my friend, are a masochist.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

I hate hate hate it when they assign their own writings, you literally can't disagree with it :laugh:

It's so hard to say "I agree with this" when, in fact, it's the exact opposite. I'm an awful liar. :(

I am in a philosophy class and had to do the same thing. It was a critique of Capitalism and it was just missing the point so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->