GDT: [#60] Phoenix Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Have you been watching Perry play this season?

Yep. And I agree with BigG. Perry has been fine the last few games. He occasionally has a great game, but generally has been contributing very little to the team.

Just look at his stats. All but one of his points have either come from a multi-point game or a small 2-3 game streak. He has flashes of being that Hart winner and perennial All-Star, but he's far removed from those days.

Dowling is just a warm body. He does everything decently enough but is not a guy you want on the roster regularly. And guess what, he isn't this year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Have you been watching Perry play this season? Very talented player who can create for himself or for others. Add on top all that experience, which is pivotal in a game 7, and Shapiro goes with the AHLer :laugh:

If it was like picking Polak over Sekera, the other way around, its like OK.. you can make a case of either guy. But comparing Perry and Dowling it's like two players who aren't even in the same dimension.

Updating for your edit...

Very talented players who are creating as much as you imply should have more than 17 points in 48 games. Some nights, he's a good 4th liner with more offense than you'd expect. Defensively he's okay, nothing special.

The experience, sure. Can't argue with that. I also don't disagree that he's better than Dowling. But let's not pretend like he's a top 6 player who's a major contributor to the team.

I don't get why there's a need to be so combative and argumentative over whether a 4th liner who disappears for weeks at a time is better than a 13th/14th forward who brings moderately less to the table.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
As to Perry, Razor pointed out last game it looks like he is fully over the injury he had a year ago. So, hopefully, he is on the upward path not to ever be the league top player he once was, but at least a consistent second liner? Or whatever, given the Stars 4 line, mostly equal minutes approach.

What is Jamie Benn's suspension history, if any? Googled it but didn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad