Post-Game Talk: #60: Lightning at FLYERS, Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Ghost played over 22 minutes. And over 18 2 games ago. So 2 of the last 3 games, averaging 20 minutes. That means Gordon is happy with him and that he is playing well.

I learned this math earlier today.
Playing 22 minutes by definition means he's good again right? Can't argue TOI.

Reactions: kudymen and Tripod

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm really tired of watching the bottom half of this roster continually f*** some really damn good players like Giroux and Couturier.

If anyone hasn't already listened to it, Giroux was on the Spitten' Chiclets podcast recently and he basically summed up the feelings of most of the posters on here. Whitney asked him about making the finals and playoffs so early on in his career and how it's been basically downhill since, and Giroux really didn't have an answer other than to say how tough it is to deal with. They've basically wasted the prime of his career with a mediocre team around him outside of a handful of good players.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Did I really need the sarcasm emoji there?

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ghost played over 22 minutes. And over 18 2 games ago. So 2 of the last 3 games, averaging 20 minutes. That means Gordon is happy with him and that he is playing well.

I learned this math earlier today.

Team worst -3 after that empty net.

Hagg +1 for hopping on the ice for Sanheim when the latter got an assist.

Not helping your case!

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Was Hart bad or just skilled plays by Lightning?

I'm concerned that the offense looks so bad lately.
It was a shooting gallery

First goal was a hilariously bad read by Macdonald and a shot off Ghost’s shinpad.

Second goal Macdonald got abused in front of the net.

Third goal was a 2 on 1

Hart was hung out left to dry again. He didn’t bail them out this time. It was purely a mercy pull.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yea I think Varone probably shouldnt play anymore. I kinda think the team should acquire a center at the deadline. 4th line is so crappy

I'm just going to say this one more time. A couple of months ago, you couldn't swing a dead skunk in here without hitting some moronic, premature negative evaluation of Patrick and Lindblom. Those turned out to be completely asinine. The same kind of moronic, premature evaluations have been made the past few weeks about Vorobyev, but this time not only by morons, but by people who should know better than to write off a young prospect who was put in a completely untenable position with linemates, ice time, and a total lack of a system. They needed to leave him up here, play him more minutes, let him play through it, and - as soon as NAK got healthy - got him up here to play beside the Pimp.

Instead, here we sit, further months wasted with no more experience for a young player who could help us in the future when games matter.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Tampa is the best team in the NHL, the only way we get close to Tampa is if they let you.

Flyers were lucky to hang within 2 goals that late into the game.

Reactions: renberg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm just going to say this one more time. A couple of months ago, you couldn't swing a dead skunk in here without hitting some moronic, premature negative evaluation of Patrick and Lindblom. Those turned out to be completely asinine. The same kind of moronic, premature evaluations have been made the past few weeks about Vorobyev, but this time not only by morons, but by people who should know better than to write off a young prospect who was put in a completely untenable position with linemates, ice time, and a total lack of a system. They needed to leave him up here, play him more minutes, let him play through it, and - as soon as NAK got healthy - got him up here to play beside the Pimp.

Instead, here we sit, further months wasted with no more experience for a young player who could help us in the future when games matter.

I'm not overly optimistic about Vorobyev's future, but at least he has one. We should be playing ALL THE KIDS ALL THE TIME.

Get these dead-enders out of here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad