Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Who was 1-3?
Giroux (102 points, led league)
Malkin (100 points, second in league)
Voracek (91 points)

I almost hated to add Malkin, but he was 94 overall still and offered to me by the CPU around the 50 game mark for Bo Horvat (whom I had acquired a few years back as part of a deal for Simmonds and was looking to move on from soon), a prospect I didn't have much use for, and a third rounder so I felt like I had to take it. He was a rental anyway and I'm going for fourth straight Cup. There's obviously no way in hell Pit would ever offer Shrek to us, and obviously no way Vancouver would trade Horvat for Simmonds, either :laugh:

Virtual Sanheim is probably gonna win his second straight Norris, after virtual Ghost won two straight himself.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
No Myers? Go **** yourself Gordo you turd.

Why is it so difficult for this team to make logical line up decisions?

Veterans are overvalued in the organization, and have been for some time. Where this thought process comes from I have no idea. Hak is gone, yet it remains.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Veterans are overvalued in the organization, and have been for some time. Where this thought process comes from I have no idea. Hak is gone, yet it remains.

Utterly baffling and disgraceful. AMac is awful and Hagg is severely limited in every facet of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Girardi on the first pairing and yet they are dominating the league?

Well Victor Hedman's there too. Remember, this team reached the Finals with Matt Carle on the first pairing. I don't remember who his partner was, but I think it might've been someone pretty good.

Reactions: klutch

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Utterly baffling and disgraceful. AMac is awful and Hagg is severely limited in any facet of the game.

And both Hagg and MacDonald are under contract for next season.

RIP Myers and Morin - or they'll trade Ghost for a forward to squeeze one of them in and use the other as the #7.

This organization does not deserve success.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Utterly baffling and disgraceful. AMac is awful and Hagg is severely limited in any facet of the game.

Hagg, for all his faults is still young. At the very least, and even if the chances are low - he’s got a slim chance at some kind of improvement.

I’m just tired of thinking about and having 47 on this team. Cockroach.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Sadly, Gordon is basically Hak Jr. with slightly better communication skills. The best thing Fletcher can do for this team in the off season is to completely clean house when it comes to the coaching staff and actually bring in some folks with working brain cells.

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Fire Gondor!

2u2gkb.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I hear they're going to trade Claude Grou for Stinky Dave and two 7th round picks and then melt the Eagles' Lombardi Trophy to make silverware for Chip Kelly.

At least Gordon will be gone soon-ish.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
How is AMac still on this team...still in this lineup???

I guess I'm just glad Ghost isn't scratched...idk what to say

WHAT??? How could Gordon take MacDonald out of the lineup after that highlight-reel slide to prevent a near-sure goal against Detroit ... after he muffed a simple D-to-D pass in the first place.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart can handle the load, he's started almost 70 games in each of the last three years without injury.
He's very efficient, and doesn't make the extreme moves of some more athletic goalies because he's so good at positioning.

I don't think they want to showcase Elliott against TB, having to yank him after a period would not help his trade prospects!

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Last rant for this AM, the leadership thing...

I have never seen the man speak a word to another player while on the bench. I bet he’s just guiding all of these kids behind the scenes and really helping them get adjusted to NHL life. I am sure this is exactly like Hakstol where behind the scenes he is Mickey Goldmill.

God how I loathe him.

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad