Post-Game Talk: #60| Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders| February 21st | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-1

How many goals do we score tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
It will be a tough game tonight. I hope we come out on top, it's time for the boys to change the tide.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Homer
Not going to the game and have some plans but boy would it have been nice. JT night! Not the reason for 27 in my name (Peca) but very happy for this man to get his honor.

Heard there was a special on hot dogs and beer so get there early and enjoy the festivities.
Homer Simpson may show up for that special.
Donuts included?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We hung a large number on the Red Wings the last time they came in. If they have any pride in them they will remember that and try to shove it back in our faces. Expect to have to grind this one out.

Also expecting Greiss to get the start tonight. And I'm appropriately concerned about him not looking sharp coming off the layoff as he's a notoriously slow starter when cold. Would hate to have a good team effort ruined by a poor goaltending performance so don't shit the bed Greisser.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
We hung a large number on the Red Wings the last time they came in. If they have any pride in them they will remember that and try to shove it back in our faces. Expect to have to grind this one out.

Also expecting Greiss to get the start tonight. And I'm appropriately concerned about him not looking sharp coming off the layoff as he's a notoriously slow starter when cold. Would hate to have a good team effort ruined by a poor goaltending performance so don't shit the bed Greisser.

Agreed but the Wings have lost so many games in a blowout that the last game with the Isles probably doesn’t mean much to them.

They do suck after all.

Expecting a solid performance by the Isles tonight.

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Agreed but the Wings have lost so many games in a blowout that the last game with the Isles probably doesn’t mean much to them.

They do suck after all.

Expecting a solid performance by the Isles tonight.
Yeah - after a while, you run out of reasons to self-motivate. But there are enough NHL caliber guys (even if they're bottom of the roster types) that its not a given that you can blow them out, as common as it is.

I cringed seeing Fransy's stats. 51 games/ 7 pts. That's a tough line for such a character guy. I wouldn't mind him for our stretch run....if he didn't have 12 years remaining on his contract.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
Holy shit!

These might be the worst lines I have seen in a long long long time :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We're losing this game tonight if those are the lines.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That third line is going to be slow unless Ladd had some robotic implants into this legs down in Bridgeport.

Reactions: SI90

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm betting all my money on this game. If we lose, I'm not gonna bother watching the rest of the season. I need to concentrate on making money and stop losing sleep.

Also cuz I'm pissed at everyone here that doesn't seem to give a crap about this team! There's a bunch of you that haven't dropped a bomb in weeks and it's beginning to stink..so much so I hear complaints from other continents. It's not difficult...just DROP ONE or three! FFS

I'm also happy Ladd is up...he'll be fired up..ready to show he's not done. His shot is still NHL calibre and we could use the experience and leadership. He didn't complain once while being sent down and really mentored the rookies. A+ guy.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Now THAT'S a Trotz lineup! Koivula will get two shifts, fail to cover the right person and sit the rest of the game, and Ladd will be on PP1! Hang in for the 1-0 loss and get 14 shots on goal against the Red Wings!

Is that, on paper, the slowest skating team we've EVER put on the ice?

We lose this game I want to hear about how it's Koivula's fault! Should have been Fritz recalled!

Reactions: PuckItUp27

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Now THAT'S a Trotz lineup! Koivula will get two shifts, fail to cover the right person and sit the rest of the game, and Ladd will be on PP1! Hang in for the 1-0 loss and get 14 shots on goal against the Red Wings!

We lose this game I want to hear about how it's Koivula's fault! Should have been Fritz recalled!

What if it is Koivula's fault though? Like, what if he passes the puck to a Red Wings player right in front of the net four times and they bury all four chances?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What if it is Koivula's fault though? Like, what if he passes the puck to a Red Wings player right in front of the net four times and they bury all four chances?
We’re supposed to let rookies learn from their mistakes because they have the potential to outscore them:thumbu:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I'll live with that criticism. I doubt he gets four shifts anyhow. Of course, on the other hand, if we win 1-0 and Koivula gets the goal it makes my rants more accurate too, so you have to play it both ways!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It’s clear that Lou is putting this squarely on Tito, Lee, Barzal, Ebs, Nelson and Bailey to pick their games up and bring the offense they were signed to provide.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

wow is it possible that their starting forwards could be better than ours tonight? That is brutal. Still expect us to bounce back , we need this.. Don't screw this one up...

on a positive note, looks like Clutter is off to get a few games in at the bridge.. Maybe he is back for Tuesday against the Rangers? or am I being too optimistic.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I am going to this game tonight. Sucks for fans that they are doing the ceremony 90 minutes or more before the puck drop... I guess it is so it doesn't mess up the pre-game routines for the players in their warmups.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
This is a get right game if there ever was one. This Detroit team is the worst in the league in 20 years.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am going to this game tonight. Sucks for fans that they are doing the ceremony 90 minutes or more before the puck drop... I guess it is so it doesn't mess up the pre-game routines for the players in their warmups.

Wow..90 minutes.. I betcha they do it so they can make more money from concessions. I mean you have to be there at least 15 min before, if not earlier just to have a seat and something to munch on before it starts..then you have to listen to boring stuff and wait until the game starts..then another 2.5 hrs. That's a 5 or more hour affair door to door. half your day is gone.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Ladd can actually play on the PP though. He's a decent net front presence. Doesn't need to be in peak physical condition for that. And I presume his hands are still NHL-caliber. Its 5x5 that's the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad