HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 6 years ago in a city 3,180 miles away

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2011_stanley_cup_champions_2_by_bruins4life-d3j1b2o.png

"We didn't lose to the British, and we're not going to lose to British Columbia."

19144109_10212268438918844_113923263932739394_o.jpg

MAC_110_1987_PORTRAIT_SECODNARY_POST01.jpg

:bruins

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
A truly unforgettable night.

It was the deepest playoff run I ever experienced with the 'new' social media platforms, and as such got a bit too emotionally involved in it. I was a wreck the entire day.

We can laugh at that Canucks thread, showing that city, team, and fans have never been the same after that loss. Had the B's lost, I admit I'd be feeling the same.

Tim Thomas is my all-time favorite Bruin.

If it's another 39 years before they get another, I likely won't be around to see it. So if that was it, no problem - I can still die happy!

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Such a fantastic moment. Every day I look at the Bruins 2011 SC champions key ring on my keys and the day gets instantly brighter.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched alone with dog and a large frozen lemonade with Absolut

All day waiting was stressful

They could win 10 more but that 2 month ride and really the entire season from Prague to Vancouver will never be approached

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Watched with my son and father. Last hockey game I've seen with my dad (he's not dead just doesn't come around much)..we all just stood up after the game and hugged. Was an amazing feeling.

It was also my daughter's 18th birthday. It was God's gift to me for someone raising a girl and not laying in traffic.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I will never forget this. EVER.

Other than my kids being born, greatest moment of my life.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Watched alone with dog and a large frozen lemonade with Absolut

All day waiting was stressful

They could win 10 more but that 2 month ride and really the entire season from Prague to Vancouver will never be approached

It was the first season I went to every home game (including Prague which was considered a home game).

What fun we had

Curls13

Sep 15, 2010
Central Mass
What a great night and ride that was. Watched at home with my dad and best friend yelling and sitting on the edge of my seat... even though the game wasn't really that close. Cried when they won it. Definitely a top 5 moment in this life.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Watched with my brother. As soon as Bergy scored the first goal, I knew the Cup was ours! Great memories!

I moved to Calgary that same summer and was getting cheers everywhere I went sporting my Lucic t-shirt! :laugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I still have a rush of emotions watching all those videos. It was an incredible Cup run. My stomach was in knots for a lot of those 2 months but the unbridled joy at the end was something I will never forget.

It really was magical with all the stories along the way. I hope to see another Cup win in my lifetime but the team we had in 2011 is going to be unbeatable in my heart.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
The day of this game I swung by the liquor store near my house to grab a few beers, while I was in there I ran into Lucic's old asst. coach from when he played for the Giants, he was buying a bottle of champagne. I asked him who he had tonight and he said"my boy Looch is winning, no doubt about it"

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Three things come to mind with that cup run.

1., my sis in laws father was dying, and the last day we spent together (we were tight), he said "Lou, I hate Boston. I hate everything about the sports teams (huge Yankees fan), but I love you. You're a good guy, and I'm going to root for them to win because I know how much it means to you." That was during the Montreal series. He passed away May 6, 2011 and I think the Bruins wrapped up the Flyers series that night IIRC.

2. In the Montreal series, down 2-0, if you can find the threads, I was immensely positive then. I knew they were coming back and going to win. I felt it. I was never more sure of anything.

3. Game 7 vs Vancouver, lunch time. I was running late, already pissed work was taking forever, I got stuck behind a truck. He's going like 5 mph and blows through a yellow leaving me stuck behind the red. I was livid. So I'm like the Bruins really need to do this tonight, I may never see it again, and look up and see the most beautiful cross I have ever seen on a church in my life. I know knew there was zero chance of losing. I really was so relaxed that entire way until mid way through the third when the Nucks seemed to come to life. 2010 was still fresh in my mind, but at the five minute mark, I just couldn't help but smile because I knew it was going to happen.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Three things come to mind with that cup run.

1., my sis in laws father was dying, and the last day we spent together (we were tight), he said "Lou, I hate Boston. I hate everything about the sports teams (huge Yankees fan), but I love you. You're a good guy, and I'm going to root for them to win because I know how much it means to you." That was during the Montreal series. He passed away May 6, 2011 and I think the Bruins wrapped up the Flyers series that night IIRC.

2. In the Montreal series, down 2-0, if you can find the threads, I was immensely positive then. I knew they were coming back and going to win. I felt it. I was never more sure of anything.

3. Game 7 vs Vancouver, lunch time. I was running late, already pissed work was taking forever, I got stuck behind a truck. He's going like 5 mph and blows through a yellow leaving me stuck behind the red. I was livid. So I'm like the Bruins really need to do this tonight, I may never see it again, and look up and see the most beautiful cross I have ever seen on a church in my life. I know knew there was zero chance of losing. I really was so relaxed that entire way until mid way through the third when the Nucks seemed to come to life. 2010 was still fresh in my mind, but at the five minute mark, I just couldn't help but smile because I knew it was going to happen.

I remember sending you a message saying this is it, they're done, this team is going to blow up. You told me they were going to comeback and be fine. I remmber thinking "he's nuts" :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I remember sending you a message saying this is it, they're done, this team is going to blow up. You told me they were going to comeback and be fine. I remmber thinking "he's nuts" :laugh:

Just because I was right doesn't mean I'm not nuts. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That hasn't changed. I was completely off my rocker game 7 vs Toronto and several posters PM'd me to talk me off the ledge. :)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Nothing will ever top this ride. 2013 felt completely different, outcome aside.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Nothing will ever top this ride. 2013 felt completely different.

2013 was like the second time you go to an amazing restaurant and have the meal of your life. It's just never as nice or as good the first time.

Plus, the Rangers and Penguins series were so anticlimactic. It was a complete ass kicking, no drama really.

The Cup was strange. Game 1 killed me. Game 4 killed me. I was already wounded and numb by Game 6 that the end didn't even shock me. It was almost a mercy killing, since game 7 would have undoubtedly killed me. I turned it off after Chicago went ahead and have never watched the end or the cup ceremony. Plus knowing I already had a cup under my belt I didn't feel the pure life or death feeling in 2011.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
That cup run was magic and will never be touched.

first cup in my lifetime.

The Jacket

Big Z being sick and drinking a coke that looked like a nip bottle in his had.

Ference glove malfunction

Ryder glove save

game 7 OT win vs. hated Habs (Horton)

Redemption sweep of the Flyers

Seguin stepping in vs. the lighting

game 7 win again (Horton)

Pump my tiers and bite my finger

Horton gets hurt and gets the Jacket hung up in his locker after the game.

Merlot

so many memories

Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!Best Third period team in hockey!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad