DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
wow, Tommy Hughes one time London Knights knocks out Providence in overtime

Koko and Spooner could not replicate last year

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Arnesson isn't coming up anytime soon, but Morrow is close. Interestingly, he's more of a puck-mover in Providence than he was when we saw him up in Boston.

Morrow was playing extra cautious under Julien. He played very safe, but very, very good hockey in Boston.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Hartford fans posting that they want to thank Cassidy for being a dumbass with the line up. Funny read.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Sweeney is getting ready to flex his pimp hand and show Cassidy to the guillotine? Sure hope so ...

He will likely end up in Edmonton sonewher but he can't go fast enough for me and of Sweeney is named GM I expext it. Horrible job regardless what others think

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Morrow was playing extra cautious under Julien. He played very safe, but very, very good hockey in Boston.

I'm not as confident as you are in Morrow, Colt. Saw him doing a lot of the same stuff that Bart gets killed on this board for. That being said, Morrow is still young, has the physical tools, and D sometimes take awhile to develop. Also, heard that Moreow was not high on Cassidy's list of favorites...

Although that may not be an issue for much longer (hopefully).

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Long night at rink, just getting over it.
Brutal call on Carey with minute and a half left. Some random thoughts.
Carey was flying(he has bottom six potential) > than Talbot.
Castro can really skate.
Both goalies > than Bostons back up now.
Sexton works ars off every shift.
Koko looked good.
Phillips is good and underrated.
Griffth deserves a real shot.
Flick.Florek have improved significantly > or a least equal to than Campbell/Paille.

More later still struggling with loss.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'll be honest I didn't see a replay but I bet the hooking call was pure bull****.

Enjoy your 2k a game in Hateford the rest of the way, Dave Andrews.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Long night at rink, just getting over it.
Brutal call on Carey with minute and a half left. Some random thoughts.
Carey was flying(he has bottom six potential) > than Talbot.
Castro can really skate.
Both goalies > than Bostons back up now.
Sexton works ars off every shift.
Koko looked good.
Phillips is good and underrated.
Griffth deserves a real shot.
Flick.Florek have improved significantly > or a least equal to than Campbell/Paille.

More later still struggling with loss.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, but with Pasta, and Spooner in addition to all these glowing reviews for a bunch of PRO players...how the hell did they lose to Hartford?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm not trying to bust your chops, but with Pasta, and Spooner in addition to all these glowing reviews for a bunch of PRO players...how the hell did they lose to Hartford?

Hartford must have dressed a bunch of AHL lifers just trying to win. :sarcasm:

Just want to make sure....you realize Pasta missed the last two games, right?

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
All series the Bruins were one shot and out.
The call the Pack got that tied the game was rediculous.
The bruins had two great loffensive series n OT that just missed.
Griffith went after ref after OT goal, wish i new what was said.

Every playoff series Cassidy coached went the max. (Hershey 5 WBS 7, Spr 5 WBS 7, HFD 5)

I think Cassidy will be called up if Claude stays. Pandelfo will be coach and Kevin will be given option to stay or go.

I dont get something dont wanna star an argument nothing, but most say Peter couldnt draft for crap. (I say his First Rounds have been very good after IDK) so why is evryone uposet they dont play the "prospects"? Serious question

(Please ignore all spelling and what not on my tablet I'm not used to yet.)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hartford must have dressed a bunch of AHL lifers just trying to win. :sarcasm:

Just want to make sure....you realize Pasta missed the last two games, right?

I do.

My point was that I think that poster was overrating some of the players in his summary. If they were as good as he thinks they are, PRO would still be playing.

Looking forward to next season. Hopefully, the PB's will be going in a fresh/new direction like the B's.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
All series the Bruins were one shot and out.
The call the Pack got that tied the game was rediculous.
The bruins had two great loffensive series n OT that just missed.
Griffith went after ref after OT goal, wish i new what was said.

Every playoff series Cassidy coached went the max. (Hershey 5 WBS 7, Spr 5 WBS 7, HFD 5)

I think Cassidy will be called up if Claude stays. Pandelfo will be coach and Kevin will be given option to stay or go.

I dont get something dont wanna star an argument nothing, but most say Peter couldnt draft for crap. (I say his First Rounds have been very good after IDK) so why is evryone uposet they dont play the "prospects"? Serious question

(Please ignore all spelling and what not on my tablet I'm not used to yet.)

I think you couldn't be more wrong about Cassidy getting called up.

At this point, Clode's best chance of staying is if Sweeney gets the GM job (any new GM is going to want to bring in his own guy). If Sweeney gets the GM job, Cassidy is not going to get called up. I think he will be lucky to even keep his job if Sweeney is the GM.

Cassidy's opportunity to coach with the B's walked out the door with Chia IMO.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I think Hartford was the worst team they could draw in round one. They played much better against Manchester all season. Divver noted on the last day of the season Providence had only taken 2 of 8 points from Hartford all year and hadn't scored a goal at the XL Center during the regular season. Sometimes teams are just bad matchups. Hartford has big dmen who are good at tangling up smaller skill guys who like to play the puck along the wall and behind the net. And Danis at this level is as good a goalie as you will get.

I think that if Sweeney is named GM, Pandolfo might become assistant GM/defacto Providence GM. Jay made a lot of notes I'm sure behind the bench. None of these guys may be thrilled with Cassidy, but they might also not be impressed with too many of the prospects and the rather obvious indifference they showed in the playoffs. We'll see. If we saw 3/4 the hustle that guys like Kane and Sexton showed in every game in that series, I think we'd be talking Round 2 right now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think Hartford was the worst team they could draw in round one. They played much better against Manchester all season. Divver noted on the last day of the season Providence had only taken 2 of 8 points from Hartford all year and hadn't scored a goal at the XL Center during the regular season. Sometimes teams are just bad matchups. Hartford has big dmen who are good at tangling up smaller skill guys who like to play the puck along the wall and behind the net. And Danis at this level is as good a goalie as you will get.

I think that if Sweeney is named GM, Pandolfo might become assistant GM/defacto Providence GM. Jay made a lot of notes I'm sure behind the bench. None of these guys may be thrilled with Cassidy, but they might also not be impressed with too many of the prospects and the rather obvious indifference they showed in the playoffs. We'll see. If we saw 3/4 the hustle that guys like Kane and Sexton showed in every game in that series, I think we'd be talking Round 2 right now.

Lot of excellent points and someone playing thought like you if they get by Hartford they are going far. Of course that was before Pasta went down. Didn't see it but told the Carey call in game 5 was horrendous. Carey being scratched game 1 was surprising.

Chiarelli brought in Cassidy and he and Sweeney did not see eye to eye so would not surprise me to see Butch turn up in the Edmonton organization - he's been hired twice by Chiarelli for NHL jobs. I hear Kevin Dean is highly thought of and agree on Pandolfo. I can see him with a much bigger role- hear super things on him and he can work more closely with forwards without feeling he is stepping on shoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad