Post-Game Talk: 6 points in 5 games thread part Something 2020 edition

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The fact is (and I know some people don’t like this) that these three games are just as valuable as the last three games. Checks cash just the same for the points we earn now as opposed to later. We finished hot last year and everyone talks about that (and rightly so, it was a fun ride), but that only happens because we start 4-0-1. Start 2-2-1 and last year’s second half run comes up short.

Plus, it’s against good teams. It may actually play to our advantage that we get games against good teams like Washington and Tampa out of the way early while everyone’s still finding their systems and shaking the rust off. Evens the playing field - something you’d much prefer against a Tampa than, say, an Ottawa.
Agreed. I think the big difference is in those games last year to start, we really didn't look all that great. We were putting up 40+ shots, but really you could count true scoring chances on 1 hand...it was mostly weak, perimeter, or drop-in shots. This year we're having costly brain-farts, but otherwise out-playing and out-chancing our opponents. We're getting lots of dangerous looks we can't quite get to fall our way yet...without our "top six"ers scoring

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
“We’ve got a resilient group in here,” Slavin said.
“We’ve got to learn not to put ourselves in those holes and, obviously, play a stronger first two periods so we don’t have to rely on that third period and always be coming from behind. But it’s definitely a confidence-builder for the group, and we hope we can continue on that path.”

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports...canes-now/article235858647.html#storylink=cpy

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am not trying to be that guy... but whats up with Aho? does he look good and not getting numbers and unlucky or just not playing well?

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I am not trying to be that guy... but whats up with Aho? does he look good and not getting numbers and unlucky or just not playing well?

He's had a couple brilliant passes that should have been goals but hit the post or goalie made a ridiculous save. He's still creating and driving play. I'm not even a little bit worried. He'll have one of those patented Aho 4-point nights soon enough and everybody will forget about this run of bad luck.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's had a couple brilliant passes that should have been goals but hit the post or goalie made a ridiculous save. He's still creating and driving play. I'm not even a little bit worried. He'll have one of those patented Aho 4-point nights soon enough and everybody will forget about this run of bad luck.
Thx

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Columbus gummed up the works once McGinn gifted them a chance. (they converted. ) Ugly game both stylistically as well as by us Up until now we could pass to players today we looked like we were shooting a non straight dart rifle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad