GDT: #6|Metallica at PPG|Pens on the road to Toronto....Hey #50, It's my Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I almost want Brass as a full time LW so we can see Sheahan back in that 3C role and show more of what he can do with better line mates after what he did last season.

He has a lot more to his game than he wants to show, the confidence from last year is still building.
he looks better than Brassard, I am still waiting to see Brassard dominate one single game as a pen

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Did you know that Letang has been on the ice for 13 shots for and 3 against though? @ColePens

giphy.gif

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, the team was playing the puck like it was hot potato and just did not want to carry it, like the moment they got it, they acted like they needed to dump it right away.

They're actually carrying the puck, forwards are coming back to support, etc. They're actually playing like a freaking team for once.

What I like is the defensemen are pinching and carrying the puck, and these guys are doing old school cycles. It hurts me to say, but as the squad gets older, we need to play a smarter game like the Wings did in the 2000's. When we play teams like Toronto or Edmonton, we have to outsmart/outwork them v. just being the fastest team.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Lol. With all of the skill Toronto has I'd die if Hainsey was the guy that put them over the top.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Because he caused their line to get caught out on the ice for a very long time and his entire line got benched. If you want to complain about something, you should complain about Brassard getting chances with Crosby's line.

Well, yah that was mostly my point. If you're gonna sit Sprong and Simon. Sit Brassard too. Who hasn't been any good either today. But I guess he is a proven NHLer and gets a much longer rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad