Post-Game Talk: #6 | Flyers at Golden Knights | October 24, 2023 | Flyers lose 3-2

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
we-suck-again-oh-no.gif

hockeynormy

Oct 21, 2023
whose failed board play was that at the near boards? York? I just knew they were gonna score as soon as that happened.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Losses in regulation could mean a lot a few years down the road. They have no chance of competing this year. Keep adding blue chip prospects and eventually we will have a chance. It will be a rough few years but it’s for the best

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

bad loss but at least we didnt make it to overtime. andrae is still getting exposed, zamula gets a pass for biting on that cotter move theres only a few defenders that wouldnt have stepped up there but this is the kind of stuff that happens with so many rookies. tippett still uncomfortable protecting the puck on his off wing. still need to see more from foerster.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Impressive game, playing on the West Coast, a 11PM start by their body clocks,
Couts did not have a good game, on the other hand, the Cates line was excellent.
Tippett may have to move back to RW when Frost returns.

TK - Couts - Atkinson
Farabee- Cates - Brink
Foerster/Laughton - Frost - Tippett

Brink, Foerster and Zamula seem to all have won jobs, Andrae back to LHV when Risto is healthy.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaCryers

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Question. In the first period interview, Tortorella mouth-puked into the mic that they couldnt beat Vegas unless they played dump and grind hockey.

Did they come out in the 2nd continuing to attempt all those fancy cross-ice plays they tried to set up in the 1st, or did they happen to get pucks deep after that?

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Just finished watching the highlights of last nights game with my morning coffee and ye wouldn’t believe the feeling of happiness and the state of satisfaction that came over me.
A real sense of contentment…
Just shaking my head to finally realize the rationalization of following this team for say the next 5-7 years…(wanted your team to win the game but if they lose it’s ok cause we get a higher draft pick which will possibly make the Flyers into playoff contenders…then hopefully play for a Stanley Cup.)
The 70’s,80’s and the 90’s are times of the past but hockey fans knew the Philadelphia Flyers were always at the top of the standings or near it and very competitive night in and night out…
Is this feeling I have this morning…a feeling of what it’s like of being a Phoenix Coyote fan?

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vegas is great at the transition game in the neutral zone, turn it over and you're in big trouble.

People complain on the one hand the Flyers lack offensive talent, on the other hand, they want them to play like teams that are offensively talented (really the first two lines, even on top teams bottom six players generally dump and chase).

Outside of Sanheim, what Flyer D-man would you trust carrying the puck from the D-zone into the O-zone?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

bad loss but at least we didnt make it to overtime. andrae is still getting exposed, zamula gets a pass for biting on that cotter move theres only a few defenders that wouldnt have stepped up there but this is the kind of stuff that happens with so many rookies. tippett still uncomfortable protecting the puck on his off wing. still need to see more from foerster.

How do you read this chart. If you are at the top is it good?

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Vegas is great at the transition game in the neutral zone, turn it over and you're in big trouble.

People complain on the one hand the Flyers lack offensive talent, on the other hand, they want them to play like teams that are offensively talented (really the first two lines, even on top teams bottom six players generally dump and chase).

Outside of Sanheim, what Flyer D-man would you trust carrying the puck from the D-zone into the O-zone?

Teams with even less offensive talent manage to play like it isn't 2003.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Who played LW with Laughton - TF or TK?

Either way, it's absurd that they are playing Foerster instead of Frost when a Laughton-Frost-Konecny is such an obvious way to go.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Caught about half the 2nd period after I got home from a show, and saw the highlights this morning. They were looking pretty decent.

Side note, I went to see I Mother Earth and Tea Party - their live performances just get better with age. I have no voice left this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad