Radio Links: NYI | BUF
Streams: atdhe | firstrow | hockeystreams | wizwig
Previews: NHL | TSN | ESPN | Yahoo | CBS
Last Game Info: Highlights | Photos | Recap | Box Score | Ice Tracker
Season Stats: NYI | BUF
Scoreboards: NHL | TSN | ESPN | Yahoo | CBS

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
13th Floor, really good game day thread.

Do not let the Sabres get their first win of the season .
Sabres played last night and had to travel to LI.

Isles have had a couple days to rest and get in some practice time. Isles have no excuses for another crappy effort.

Let's go Islanders.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
I never thought I'd be saying "must win" this early in the season, but snapping the losing streak tonight is essential. I really don't want to see the pre-Christmas slump from years past make a return...

The team has come too far to slip back into that mentality, it's a must win tonight guys!

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I expect a flat Sabres team from last night's game. If Miller keeps it close they might have a chance but I think it's more of a 4-1 Isles win in the cards.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Awesome GDT! I don't like the way they've been playing at all and now a hungry winless buffalo team comes in with Miller in net. Get the 2 points no excuses.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Nice to be at home and catching them on the 2nd night of the back to back. Hopefully the team is fresh & get a jump start that had been lacking the last 2 games.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think I read that Carkner and PMB were going to play tonight so Donovan and Nelson get to watch again.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I haven't seen anything from staple about the lineups yet so idk about Nelson and Donovan.

Buffalo would be a good team to play Donovan at least. Not very physical or good for that matter.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Awesome GDT. Really no excuses for this game, really none. They're not a good team, they're winless and playing a back to back.
Isles gotta jump on them early and take this game. Only thing that worries me is the fact the Sabres are winless, they're due for a win and they're hungry.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Bad team on the road, the back end of back-to-back, should be an easy one, huh?

As we all know, nothing is easy for our team. They need 100% effort from every one of their guys-but until I see that I am assuming nothing.

I like that Carkner is in (rather it be for Hickey but that's for another thread) but wtf is with Nelson sitting again? They really need to take the training wheels off of him and let him suit up every night until he proves he is overwhelmed. I am thinking it will be another close game, still deciding who will be on the short end of the stick :cry:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Going to the game tonight with my new wife and brother-in-law, both of whom are from Rochester and Sabres fans. I just friggen know that the Isles will hand the Sabres their first win of the season. :laugh:

Let's Go Islanders!

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Great GDT! Could be a good one for grabs, he loves Ryan Miller (Enroth played yesterday). Sabres have been stuggling with puck possession, just like us. However they are struggling in many regards.

Got to be careful of the first pp unit, looked dangerous yesterday. 2nd line of Buffalo was nearly non-existing, 3rd line had some good moments.

This would be a good game to test the grabs-jt-bailey line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad