Post-Game Talk: #6| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 9TH | 7:30 PM | F/W 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Was it them that shipped Palffy off?

Yup. And after the very same season he held out and missed games while trying to negotiate a contract. STANLEY CUP FINALS; Palffy Goes To Kings; Isles Get Prospects (Published 1999)

Dirtbags also didn't mind if he went to the Rangers, as long as the trade deal actually included cash (which thankfully, the NHL did not allow).

The Rangers had expressed interest in acquiring Palffy, a flashy 27-year-old right wing, but when the Islanders' owners made several demands of Cablevision, the Rangers' owner, talks broke off.
The league's refusal to allow cash in any deal for Palffy also hurt the Rangers' chances. Last week, the Rangers offered forwards Todd Harvey and Niklas Sundstrom, a 1999 first-round draft pick (11th over all) and $2.5 million. With no cash in the deal, the Islanders wanted forward Marc Savard, but the Rangers were unwilling to add him or any other players to the offer.
Yesterday's deal concluded more than a week of speculation that Palffy, a three-time 40-goal scorer, and his $5 million annual salary would be dumped by the Islanders to reduce the team's already small payroll

Reactions: CupHolders

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Watching last night's game again. Some thoughts...

• That millisecond after the Isles score a goal and you hear the crowd erupt is everything.
  • Grzelcyk was beyond a trainwreck. A total "F" of a game. Might've been better for them if he didn't play.
  • Really dirty play by Palmieri on McAvoy. We're all homers, but not cool...And also not cool of the fans to get on McAvoy as he was clearly injured.
  • With about 1:40 left in the 2nd there was a scrum in front of Varlamov and instead of trying to score Taylor Hall literally jumped on top of Varly. WTF?
  • Zajac is a smart player, but so so soft. If he was stronger I'd say he could be a cheaper replacement of Cizikas, but would still rather have Casey if the money is close.
  • Pulock is a UFA in a year and Pelech should get any money that Lou had bookmarked for Ryan.
  • Still high on Dobson's prospects and last night was a good showing from him....Especially since he was the worst player on the ice in game 5.

Reactions: Instant

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

• That millisecond after the Isles score a goal and you hear the crowd erupt is everything.
  • Grzelcyk was beyond a trainwreck. A total "F" of a game. Might've been better for them if he didn't play.
  • Really dirty play by Palmieri on McAvoy. We're all homers, but not cool...And also not cool of the fans to get on McAvoy as he was clearly injured.
  • With about 1:40 left in the 2nd there was a scrum in front of Varlamov and instead of trying to score Taylor Hall literally jumped on top of Varly. WTF?
  • Zajac is a smart player, but so so soft. If he was stronger I'd say he could be a cheaper replacement of Cizikas, but would still rather have Casey if the money is close.
  • Pulock is a UFA in a year and Pelech should get any money that Lou had bookmarked for Ryan.
  • Still high on Dobson's prospects and last night was a good showing from him....Especially since he was the worst player on the ice in game 5.
People need to watch the 3rd period and look at Hall the entire time. If after that, you feel he's a winner or even a contributor to a winner, then an open excel window popped up on your screen.

Reactions: MJF

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018

Said to my son...what on earth was Hall trying to do???

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
People need to watch the 3rd period and look at Hall the entire time. If after that, you feel he's a winner or even a contributor to a winner, then an open excel window popped up on your screen.

I was with you until the word "winner..." Then no idea.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

I agree with you on everything, but especially the point about Palmieri. Sure, I'm a homer, I'll try to excuse (almost) everything the Isles do, but that hit was stupid and completely unnecessary. Forget about risking a penalty, how about risking seriously injuring someone. What the hell.

Reactions: periferal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad