GDT: 6/6/15 - 7:15PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Hey guys, just curious - why do you hate Keith so much? I've noticed him getting booed every time he touches the puck and have no idea why. Did he do something to a Tampa player in the past?

Surely we aren't the only fans that do this. We generally boo the puck carrier on the (opponent's) power play breakout. I don't know that anyone "hates" him. He is just the opponent.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
stamkos had some good plays missed a couple nice passes by bad ice for tip in like plays he was the assist man and those were nice and that toe drag was great was others so not sure where you all are coming from as usual lol

we played great very nice to see us overcome things

i actually thought bishop was tired and over heated when saw him in net hope is not an injury not too worried is a short series in terms of 20 year old in net if that happens

if had full playoffs would be more concerned do I believe vasy could be a 50 % goalie for rest of series

yes thats a yes so thats a cup win:)

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Alberta/Manitoba/Quebec is 18
I was about to comment to say that Ontario is 18, but apparently it's not! 19 as well. Strange. Maybe that's why I'm always ID'd. Because I still look in my early 20's, even though I'm a little bit older than that.

It's kinda sad how, if the Bolts win the cup, the thing that people will be talking about the most is, oh, this franchise is a joke because of the ticket sale nonsense. I wish people would just get over it and focus on the hockey.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's kinda sad how, if the Bolts win the cup, the thing that people will be talking about the most is, oh, this franchise is a joke because of the ticket sale nonsense. I wish people would just get over it and focus on the hockey.

Honestly not even paying attention to that nonsense. Has nothing to do with the product on the ice. Who cares what the other fans think? They will always give Florida hockey a tough time.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Honestly not even paying attention to that nonsense. Has nothing to do with the product on the ice. Who cares what the other fans think? They will always give Florida hockey a tough time.

Agreed. It's only losers that concern themselves more with attendance numbers and things like that. Lightning hockey is exciting and well played and that's what matters.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Different game. More open.

Just excited to win. Great job bolts. Chicago can be beaten. Zero doubt in my mind.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
1. I didn't watch this game after the 1st period. Glad the team pulled out the win.
2. Bishop. Need him back for the rest of the series. I don't think Vasi could win three more for us.
3. Does Drouin play game 3? Does Nesterov?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good job getting a win before we head to Chicago. That was a must.

The Cally line was great. It seems since Game 6 vs the Rangers, Cally's been back to his usual self. The 3 of them seem to be clicking and their hard work got rewarded tonight. That was nice to see and it definitely helps having another line play so well and add something.

Big props to Vasy too coming in cold, and at pivotal point in the game, and making the saves needed to finish the game and get us that win. Hopefully Bish is alright though.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Highly doubt we see Drouin again, game 5 at the earliest. He definitely created some good, but he had some bad as well. You know Chicago with last change will take advantage of him being in the lineup in games 3 and 4.

I'm worried about Bishops health. He's been hot and cold throughout these playoffs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Good game overall. I liked the response by our team when Chicago scored.

We got destroyed in faceoffs last night. Tighten that up.

Hope Bish is ok.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
It was super annoying with the amount of Chicago fans there. The crowd sounded half Chicago when they scored, and there were A LOT of red jerseys.

Hope Bish is ok, He's our rock. I posted in the other thread about Vasy, and I always found it irritating people wanted him in the second Bish had a slip up. He's had 2 shutouts in 2 game 7's. It doesn't get much more clutch than that. He's had a bad game here and there, but he's won when it matters. That's how you get remembered. Getting it done in the playoffs when it matters. Vasy will be there someday, but I do not feel comfortable at all saying we'll be ok with him in net the rest of the series. That's absurd.

I remember seeing Bish slow to get up and stretching around after a play. It looked something lower body to me, but who knows.

I would not be opposed at all to Barberio replacing Sustr next game.

Super excited got to see the win at home. That's 3 Stanley Cup's now I've seen a win in. 04, 09, 15. Love it.

I will say the giveaways are pretty crappy for the Cup Finals, and overall for the playoffs. I thought I recall better promotions in 04. Not an issue really, just an observation.

I really hope JT Brown scores a goal next game. He's busting it these games, and came close. I'd get a bigger kick out of seeing Morrow score.

Glad there will be another home game. Here's hoping it's to bring home the Cup.

I've been to all the Bolts home playoff games in their history and remember seeing fans of the other teams, but for this to be the Finals and have so many Chicago fans kinda stinks. I just wish we could push some of the Chicago fans out. It's really disheartening to see so many of them during the Stanley Cup Finals.

On to game three. Let's go Bolts!

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
I was about to comment to say that Ontario is 18, but apparently it's not! 19 as well. Strange. Maybe that's why I'm always ID'd. Because I still look in my early 20's, even though I'm a little bit older than that.

This franchises days of being ridiculed are over. If any of that occurs now it's sheer jealousy. The only folks harping on the red jersey thing are Hawks fans who had no intention of flying here to attend a game anyway.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

And that's good news in more ways than one.

By God this had best end with Tampa winning the next 4 or going to seven games and us winning at home in game 7.

NBC will never be outbid for the NHL contract then and might even start up the Friday Night Game of the Week.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Good job getting a win before we head to Chicago. That was a must.

The Cally line was great. It seems since Game 6 vs the Rangers, Cally's been back to his usual self. The 3 of them seem to be clicking and their hard work got rewarded tonight. That was nice to see and it definitely helps having another line play so well and add something.

Big props to Vasy too coming in cold, and at pivotal point in the game, and making the saves needed to finish the game and get us that win. Hopefully Bish is alright though.

The "Cally Line" could be called the "JT Brown Line" as far as I'm concerned. He's made a marked difference in his energy and pace on that Line. His worth ethic is every bit as good as anyone else on the team.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It was great to see us skate for 60 minutes. I honestly think we can beat CHI by using our speed and forcing an uptempo game. I don't think they can keep up.

We really should be up 2-0 if Coop had not tried to win 1-0.

Let's Go Bolts! Lucky enough to see both games live.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

lol at people saying no one would watch Tampa if they made it to the finals and ratings would plummet because they have no fans/fanbase/no one cares. Tampa is an exciting team to watch and will draw in some views. Obviously people are watching to see Chicago as well, but still people want to see these two teams clash.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Excellent game last night!!!!

Could easily be 2-0 Tampa had they not sat back in Game 1.

Hope Bishop is okay, but get the feeling we see Vasilevskiy as the Game 3 starter based on some comments I've seen, such as having confidence in him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The "Cally Line" could be called the "JT Brown Line" as far as I'm concerned. He's made a marked difference in his energy and pace on that Line. His worth ethic is every bit as good as anyone else on the team.

I heart JT Brown.

Still want to see him as the grind guy on a legit scoring line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad