GDT: 6/6/15 - 7:15PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Annnnnnnnnnnd I glanced at the main board and immediately remembered why I've been abstaining from discussion there.

Just remember to do what I do; jab and move. Jab and move. Jab and move.

:D

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
This is a moot point now, but was I the only one who thought the goal where Hossa may or may not have interfered was total horse ****?

It looked like he DEFINITELY got Bishop's leg with his stick, then his skate before the puck went by him.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It will be interesting to see how the match ups shake up in Chicago. I expect a couple of high scoring games up there.

We have to be optimistic, Paquette's line faced Toews' line and finished even. It's a match-up Quenneville would usually take every day of the week but the Paquette boys are stepping up to the plate big time.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This is a moot point now, but was I the only one who thought the goal where Hossa may or may not have interfered was total horse ****?

It looked like he DEFINITELY got Bishop's leg with his stick, then his skate before the puck went by him.

They just showed the replay and he hooked his leg. What was worse was when the Chicago player crashed Bishop's shoulder into the goalpost early in the 3rd period (no call of course) and that appears to be the injury.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yay great win. Hope Bishop is okay. Of course Sustr took a stupid penalty like 2 seconds after Vasy got on :shakehead Yay Vasy for standing tall and getting the win. Glad to see TKO back to TKOing. Callahan had a great game I thought including that one ridiculous sliding defensive play. Drouin looked good. I barely even noticed Carle existing. I'm really happy with this game :D

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Refs need a dictionary and look up at the definition of interference. That's EXACTLY what Hossa did.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have to be optimistic, Paquette's line faced Toews' line and finished even. It's a match-up Quenneville would usually take every day of the week but the Paquette boys are stepping up to the plate big time.

They should of been a plus 1, that goal against should not have counted, Bishop was clearly interferred with. We won, so it does not matter but talking about stats and how they played it should be brought up since they did really shut down Kane and Toews again.

So in reality when we are not getting ****ed by the refs again, that line was great!

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL

NHL networks post game analyst say it was definitely goaltender interference for whatever that is worth.....................................

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
They should of been a plus 1, that goal against should not have counted, Bishop was clearly interferred with. We won, so it does not matter but talking about stats and how they played it should be brought up since they did really shut down Kane and Toews again.

So in reality when we are not getting ****ed by the refs again, that line was great!

That line is hungry and wants to eat captain intangibles alive, you can feel it.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I definitely thought it was interference on Bishop. Stick pushed his leg back before the puck got there, I don't care if Hossa was tied up or outside the blue paint. I also don't think Bishop was stopping that shot anyway. His glove was very slow on it. I don't see that as something they would ever call in the SCF unless it was us on offense.

Good bounce back game. Still a little pissed that we could be up 2-0 but we could also just as easily be down 2-0 so I'll take it.

Game 3 is the most important game in the lives of every single one of those Bolts players. Can't go down 2-1, need at least a split in Chicago. Come out and play hard like they have and well maybe Stamkos will show up for once.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That line is hungry and wants to eat captain intangibles alive, you can feel it.

I think they are finding chemistry now, and are getting better and better. I was all about putting Drouin on that line, but not anymore, think they have a good thing going and Coop is giving them top 6 mins, which they deserve.

We need Callahan back, Stamkos has disappeared again. If that 3rd line can bring the offense again, then we will still be ok.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I think they are finding chemistry now, and are getting better and better. I was all about putting Drouin on that line, but not anymore, think they have a good thing going and Coop is giving them top 6 mins, which they deserve.

We need Callahan back, Stamkos has disappeared again. If that 3rd line can bring he offense, then we will still be ok.

It's great coaching there, Cooper found the right role for them, they seem to thrive in that checking role. All of 3 together never looked this good in the playoffs IMO.

NY Lightning

May 30, 2015

It was 100% goalie interference but it was a bang bang play. Next year with replay that would never have been a goal.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
So happy that we won. That game was too dangerous. I just kind of hated how CBC took away from the game entirely as soon as Bishop started to leave. They kept pointing to the Luongo incident a while ago, when he had some bathroom problems. No doubt everybody's been hearing about that talk by now, but CBC really harped on it until Healy or someone else detected Hossa's collision was the culprit.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa

It probably should not have been allowed. What is important though, is that we fought through it. A lot of times in the past, we have fallen apart after a bad goal was allowed. It is just another example of how this team continues to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad