GDT: 6/5/21 - 4:00PM EDT - #1CD Carolina vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Sucks to be a Canes fan, they blew that one big time.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Vasy needs to be better. The D was abysmal today. Carolina is going to come out full force in Game 5 be we should be running 11F 7D.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I 100% believe that Serge should have been called for Cross-Checking when Svechnikov was called for Roughing.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Help me out but I missed the 1st. What happened?
kucherov took a high stick right to the face and went down. The guy who committed the penalty skated to the box without the ref even asking him to. The refs pulled him out of the box and said they didn't even make a call at all. So basically they let a guy who admitted he was guilty free from a 2 min penalty.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
kucherov took a high stick right to the face and went down. The guy who committed the penalty skated to the box without the ref even asking him to. The refs pulled him out of the box and said they didn't even make a call at all. So basically they let a guy who admitted he was guilty free from a 2 min penalty.

Well that explains the very generous officiating. They were making up for it all night

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This game reminded me of game... 5? 6? Of the bruins series in 2011.
Let’s hope the overall outcome won’t be the same.

There were a few high scoring games in that series.

Game 2: 6-5 loss
Game 4: 5-3 win (after a 3-0 deficit)
Game 6: 5-4 win

Losing Game 2 is always the one that sticks with me. Tim Thomas had three excellent games in that series. He had four lousy ones. We let one of the lousy ones slip away, and it's the one that made the difference.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasy needs to be better. The D was abysmal today. Carolina is going to come out full force in Game 5 be we should be running 11F 7D.

The D was pretty stellar in the 3rd though. Carolina went like 12 minutes without a shot, while being down by 2.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I find it quite amusing that Canes fans were all sportsmanlike and not caring about the "cap circumvention" until now that they are down 3-1 in the series. Just shows what a whiny and false premise it is.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I find it quite amusing that Canes fans were all sportsmanlike and not caring about the "cap circumvention" until now that they are down 3-1 in the series. Just shows what a whiny and false premise it is.

Yeah go read their boards, it's funny as shit.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The D was pretty stellar in the 3rd though. Carolina went like 12 minutes without a shot, while being down by 2.

But that these guys can play brutally effective shutdown hockey just makes it all the more frustrating when they have those stretches like the first 10-12 minutes of the 2nd period where it's like they completely forget how to play hockey. And I understand that sometimes it's a matter of the other team just executing their plays better, having their composure and wits more about them - it's not like Carolina's some bad hockey team, obviously, they're here for a reason - but it gets pretty bad when you twice end up giving up two goals within seconds of one another, when you give up a goal directly after scoring one of your own. Carolina still ended up outscoring the Lightning at 5v5 play today. We survived off the power play today, we survived off the power play vs. Florida. And maybe we'll escape this series despite being outscored at even strength, but this recipe surely won't work forever. Nobody runs a 40% power play for an entire postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad