GDT: 6/28/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay [SCF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Eddie O has magnifying glasses for eyes every time the Bolts make a physical play and has that subtle "hey this is dirty" tone in his voice. Dude is the fakest neutral I've ever seen.

The difference in tone is palpable.

Lightning player crosschecks someone: "Cernak just WENT AFTER ____ with a crosscheck. It looked really bad. I think he decapitated the guy. Only the replay will say for sure. Yep, there it is! *clutches pearls* Oh my god that's dangerous. That's the 3rd or 4th times he's done that this game. Can't believe the refs didn't call that".

Opposing player crosschecks us: "Cernak gets crosschecked a little...anyway here's Wonderwall"

Last edited:

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
The difference in tone is palpable.

Lightning player crosschecks someone: "Cernak just WENT AFTER ____ with a crosscheck. It looked really bad. I think he decapitated the guy. Only the replay will say for sure. Yep, there it is! *clutches pearls* Oh my god that's dangerous. That's the 3rd or 4th times he's done that this game. Can't believe the refs didn't call that".

Opposing player crosschecks us: "Cernak gets crosschecked a little...anyway here's Wonderwall"

Yeah, it's terrible. Price dazzles when he snares Stamkos' shot--"unbelievable save!"--but Anderson just "shoots it into Vassy's glove" when the exact same save happens at the other end of the ice.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, it's terrible. Price dazzles when he snares Stamkos' shot--"unbelievable save!"--but Anderson just "shoots it into Vassy's glove" when the exact same save happens at the other end of the ice.

It's probably because he's as much of a degenerate gambler on hockey as he is on horse racing. Wouldn't be surprised if that moron has money on the opposition.

Dude sounds like everyone I've ever known who's watching a game with money on the line.

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
853drvf.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The last time Carey Price let in 5 or more goals in a playoff game?

May 3rd 2015 against Tampa (6-2 win)
- Goals from Filppula, Stammer, Heddy, Kucherov x2, Brown

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I just wish we always put in efforts like this game. If we played the islanders like this it would never go past 5 games. I fear we are going to get cocky next game and make it way harder than it needs to be like we did last series.

Reactions: Peacefool

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The thing that stood out the most to me last night was Eddie Oz acknowledging Vasy is the best goalie in the world during the pregame commentary.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The last time Carey Price let in 5 or more goals in a playoff game?

May 3rd 2015 against Tampa (6-2 win)
- Goals from Filppula, Stammer, Heddy, Kucherov x2, Brown
That confirms it, Price is just as overrated as I always thought he was.

Reactions: DekeR

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The thing that stood out the most to me last night was Eddie Oz acknowledging Vasy is the best goalie in the world during the pregame commentary.
Yeah well. Tough thing to prove imo. At that point it is a more an opinion than anything else. For me it’s Vasi, Price, Hellebuyck. But let’s not forget the teams playing in front of them are not the same. Vasi plays for a powerhouse team and a great defense. Habs D, while playing well in the playoffs, is average at best and Jets D is simply atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad