GDT: 6/25/21 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay [SF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
ohtkvn64hl551.jpg

Someone on the NJ Devils board posted this....I'm dying...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
To excited to sleep
Think this is where we Europeans got the edge on you. After games like these you can say 'f*** it, it's already morning' and ride the day out. A bit tougher to do when it's still 11 pm or whatever.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Looked a little slower and like he was avoiding contact, but as far as actually passing and even shooting he was ok.

With the weekend off before the start of the Finals that's good news. He's gonna need all the ice and cortisone shots he can handle to control whatever injury inflammation he has and God knows how many painkillers

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I am most proud of how Rutta and Savard got their schitt together and made this team even better. The Bolts D has been lights out good on most nights. Having Vasi just makes us cheaters.:sarcasm:

During elimination games hes so calm out there, its like he has Ice in his veins.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
Think this is where we Europeans got the edge on you. After games like these you can say 'f*** it, it's already morning' and ride the day out. A bit tougher to do when it's still 11 pm or whatever.
It's 12:10 but I'm happy tomorrow is Saturday I'll sleep good. I slept like ass after game 6.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
To excited to sleep

On the day of Game 7 vs. Pittsburgh in 2016, I ended up dozing off in the middle of the afternoon. Not sure why; I didn't feel tired. Maybe I was just bored. End result wasn't too good.

Today, ended up doing the same thing. Maybe a mixture of boredom but also in part because the weather (or lack thereof) ruined my plans. I was going to go to the park, play some tennis, stuff like that, but the radar kept showing impending rain blanketing my area within the next 30 minutes. It hadn't rained before I fell asleep and, guess what? I woke up, and it was still dry outside. F*cking infuriating. But I guess the nap did help pass about 90 minutes of time before the game, while simultaneously leaving me to wonder just how I could be anxious about this game but calm enough to sleep before it at the same time.

Wonder how long it'll be before I can fall asleep tonight. The release of relief at the end of a game like that...I mean, it absolutely eats away at you during the game, but the more tension during the game, the more ecstasy there is when it all works out.

Reactions: DaBolts

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
What do you do during the day after a win like that?

A rough equivalent I find comes from being a soccer fan, and I'm just going to say that, using my favorite club team in Europe as the example...if they win, and especially if it's a win like this (important game that plays out as a nail-biter, and bonus points if it's against a top rival), that high will carry you through the rest of the day. Nothing can knock you off that perch.

If they lose, though...f*ck me. It's just a dismal day without much chance to be redeemed, at all.

My beloved Nerazzurri have done both to me, plenty of times.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
On the day of Game 7 vs. Pittsburgh in 2016, I ended up dozing off in the middle of the afternoon. Not sure why; I didn't feel tired. Maybe I was just bored. End result wasn't too good.

Today, ended up doing the same thing. Maybe a mixture of boredom but also in part because the weather (or lack thereof) ruined my plans. I was going to go to the park, play some tennis, stuff like that, but the radar kept showing impending rain blanketing my area within the next 30 minutes. It hadn't rained before I fell asleep and, guess what? I woke up, and it was still dry outside. F*cking infuriating. But I guess the nap did help pass about 90 minutes of time before the game, while simultaneously leaving me to wonder just how I could be anxious about this game but calm enough to sleep before it at the same time.

Wonder how long it'll be before I can fall asleep tonight. The release of relief at the end of a game like that...I mean, it absolutely eats away at you during the game, but the more tension during the game, the more ecstasy there is when it all works out.

I find that I don't sleep at all the night after these games, win or lose. My heart rate is always around 110 during games, my fitbit thinks I'm running a marathon. Makes it impossible to settle down after, and the late starts don't help either.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What do you do during the day after a win like that?
Given it's a weekend probably just enjoy life with a few beers and a barbecue.

Last year after game 6 of the finals though I had to be working like 2 hours after the game ended, it was hell. :laugh:

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I find that I don't sleep at all the night after these games, win or lose. My heart rate is always around 110 during games, my fitbit thinks I'm running a marathon. Makes it impossible to settle down after, and the late starts don't help either.

It's become a standard custom of mine to take a "cool off" walk after losing games, especially at this stage of the playoffs. Especially if they're bad losses like the Game 6 one was. From there...probably just aimlessly poke around on my computer half-reading or watching YouTube videos until my body decides to fall asleep (it ends up happening more than something I try and actively do myself). I'm hoping I've done that for the last time this season. The 4th of July is next weekend and I'd love to be watching fireworks with a sweep in my head for the next night.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Damn we have come a long way since Hedman colliding into bishop ala 2015 and the 2019 sweep. Feels so dayum good
Damn we have come a long way since Hedman colliding into bishop ala 2015 and the 2019 sweep. Feels so dayum good
I saw that play as Bishop coming out to put a check on Hedman. There was NO EFFING reason for Bishop to come out of the net, I thought Hedman had the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad