Management 6/14/21 - End of season press conference with Bruce Cassidy

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think Sweeney is going to be non committed on Rask. Its not like he can sign him now, knowing he is going to be out until Feb or longer

If both Swayman and Vladar truck along .. come Feb if Rask is ready to return. Sweeney has a golden nugget at the trade deadline (Vladar)

OR if Sweeney doesn't want to touch either of his young goalies, sign Rask as the 3rd goalie for the playoffs. Or tell Rask to look elsewhere.

There is also always a chance, Rask just retires. Just too much to deal with to recover

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If I were the GM I wouldn't sign Rask now, especially considering he'll miss at least half a season; even if he can be LTIRed. If he heals and wants to come back in Jan or Feb sign him then. He's already on record as wanting to play only for Boston. "This is our home..............". His $7m can go to a couple of UFAs such as Martinez or Oleksiak plus.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think Sweeney is going to be non committed on Rask. Its not like he can sign him now, knowing he is going to be out until Feb or longer

If both Swayman and Vladar truck along .. come Feb if Rask is ready to return. Sweeney has a golden nugget at the trade deadline (Vladar)

OR if Sweeney doesn't want to touch either of his young goalies, sign Rask as the 3rd goalie for the playoffs. Or tell Rask to look elsewhere.

There is also always a chance, Rask just retires. Just too much to deal with to recover
Rask has said he will only play for the B's so I assume he would get a NMC deal, so we cannot trade him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It sounds like they won't be signing any UFA's until after the expansion draft.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Looking at the UFA LD, rough pickings lol

It's going to have to come from a trade. Oleksiak is the best of the LHD by a lot and he's middling. They can't be locking up a lot of cash in a guy like that with all the roster decisions they need to make the next two seasons to stop this team from wasting McAvoy and Pastrnak's prime years.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's going to have to come from a trade. Oleksiak is the best of the LHD by a lot and he's middling. They can't be locking up a lot of cash in a guy like that with all the roster decisions they need to make the next two seasons to stop this team from wasting McAvoy and Pastrnak's prime years.

You mean Alec Martinez.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevendust

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Alec Martinez will be 34 yo in July, is not all that great, and being carried by his excellent partner. I would be terrified of giving him a multi-year deal. If they can get him for a 1 year contract, Im ambivalent about it but he's not really a difference maker.

Nick Holden looks good also

Not a bad life when a player has low responsibility

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Alec Martinez will be 34 yo in July, is not all that great, and being carried by his excellent partner. I would be terrified of giving him a multi-year deal. If they can get him for a 1 year contract, Im ambivalent about it but he's not really a difference maker.

Still a better player than Oleksiak but both aren’t exactly what the Bruins should target

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Going to be fun watching these idiots putting a lottery team on the ice next season. Thankfully it looks to be a very strong draft next year then I realized these two dumbasses may still be making decisions. We will probably be giving our first up to get rid of Coyle's remaining years

We cant be going into a rebuild with this staff could we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad