Post-Game Talk: #6 - 10/20/19 | canucks @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If we lose next game send Kakko down to Wolfie let him develop without the pressure to perform each game - and return Kravtsov we need his dynamic skating and hockey IQ! :)
@Amazing Kreiderman He is from norway so it is normal to miss Zucc on Rangers, because he have like 0 chemistry on wilds and he is injured with 0 points. :D
Besides it is over 3 am get some rest, m8. ;)

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
As far as the kids go, they have all the time in the world and shouldn't be rushed IMO.

My main issue is that you have to play the cards you're dealt and DQ really sucks at it.

There's really no special formula to this and it's been going on since the beginning of time.

Put a system in place that benefits wtf is going on with the team in front of you.
It doesn't matter if they're lacking in certain areas, whether that's a young team, lack of skill..Whatever..
Those are the pains you deal with moving FWD but until the final pieces are in place and you can really compete, you have create a system and environment that paves the way to how this team is going to have success in the future.

That begins with the FUNDAMENTALS..
Put a ****ing system in place that the team can "actually play" and be some what successful at, then advance from there as you add pieces..grit, skill..etc

I'm all about earning things but feel like DQ is killing the confidence of some of these kids and creating an environment where you have to walk on eggshells and it's only going to bring moral down.
Meanwhile it's all due to a lot of the nonsensical decisions he has made.
That may work with some vets but not so much with the younger players.
Players are regressing...

In game adjustments.
Line chemistry
Creating lines that support one another
Playing in 5 man units
Having your team prepared to play 60 mins
Match ups
I could go on and on and on...

Add to that, JG just sits back and allows this garbage to continue.
He did the same with allowing AV to screw everything up for years past his expiration date..When does it end?

I'm a patient dude but enough of the stupidity already..

OK rant over lol

I do agree that the current system is NOT working for the current lineup. If we only have a one-line offensive team then we need to adopt a system similar to the Oilers. Which means, clamp down on D and then let your first line be difference makers in the third period. Otherwise, we just won't win many games.

Deleted member 23124

It looks like a promising #center draft next summer in 2020 our 4 loss. ;)
I don`t know why we can't be more competitive with the Trouba, Panarin, Fox signings, and we drafted Kakko who are supppose to be a god gifted hockey player? :)
Because you added talented players to an uncertain lineup. There were far too many question marks at end of last season going into this season. I still say the moves were good ones, but at the wrong time.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s too early in the rebuild to compete yet and we miss a 2nd line #center talent level. I thought we were stronger beginning of this season with our start and two wins, but we have too many question marks and an incomplete team. I am glad I dont need to be early up tomorrow. But I am busy selling a house. :)

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I've said the same thing since the first lockout. You can't just bring in players and plug them into any system. Nearly all teams have a system in place or have an idea of the system they want to play. They then draft/acquire players needed to play IN THAT SYSTEM, then fill in "holes" as needed.

I think we have a basic idea of what type of system Quinn wants them to play...but ask yourselves this: how many of the players on this roster are really capable of that style of play on a consistent basis? I would venture to say less than half the roster.

Quinn made an interesting comment recently....he said something to the effect that the players seem to want to play an east-west game (leaning toward skill) but you can't do that successfully until you are successful playing north-south.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens in the next draft. If I remember correctly, JD did bring some of his scouts with him. If he continues as before, we will a change in the type of players the Rangers draft going forward.

That's exactly my point.
DQ is trying to roll out the 80's Oilers with a bunch of kids.
Run a simplified version and set the foundation until you're ready to advance.
This way at least they can defend because as of now, no one knows where to be and it's a complete shit show..

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
'Nucks stopped skating and sat on the lead. I remember one of the announcers commenting that it looked like a powerplay even 5 on 5. 'Nucks did not attack the points and attempted to keep the Rangers on the perimeter. Worked.

Aside from the Nucks not attacking the points, NYR were beating them to every puck they dumped in for the third. That was the biggest difference IMO.

Not too be "that guy" but the Canucks were playing 3 games in 4 nights on a different time zone while our coach was constantly playing our garbage 4th line.

I think it was a combination of good play from the Rangers and bad play from the Canucks.

While I'm here I'll say I love the direction of your team and think you have arguably the most knowledgeable fan base on HF

Yeah, that explains why the Rangers seemed to suddenly outskate them so thoroughly during the third. I thought they probably were at the end of a long schedule but hoped they weren't.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I do agree that the current system is NOT working for the current lineup. If we only have a one-line offensive team then we need to adopt a system similar to the Oilers. Which means, clamp down on D and then let your first line be difference makers in the third period. Otherwise, we just won't win many games.

Agreed 1000%..Tippett tailored the perfect system for that team and their players are really taking to it.
I'm not sure how things will shake out in playoff mode but that's the perfect example of how you start things off..

Deleted member 23124

Aside from the Nucks not attacking the points, NYR were beating them to every puck they dumped in for the third. That was the biggest difference IMO.
I would venture to say that was because they weren't going "balls to the wall" at that point....I don't know if it was by design or because they had no legs -- probably a combination of both. The fact is they stayed in that protective shell and it worked.

Someone before replied to an earlier post of mine on this subject that it didn't work for the Rangers. That is true...because no matter how hard they tried, the Rangers always managed to allow one-two opponents to get open in the slot and/or at the top of the crease. 'Nucks did not allow this to happen. As long as the Ranger five were on the perimeter, they were content.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Shit.. Quinn ran the top line into the ground within the same game to the point where they couldn't even come out for the PP so I'd hardly attribute that their play was any kind of turn around.
The Nucks were on the tail end of a back to back and were completely out of steam in the 3rd.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Bad team played bad for most of a game, news at 11.

"This guys hurting us".

Yes...that's how bad teams work.

Png

Hey maw...muh bad team ain’t workin’ no good...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad