GDT: #6 - 10/19/14 | San Jose Sharks @ New York Rangers | 5:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I like the lineup for tonight against a big San Jose club. MSL was a nice experiment at C but it wasn't working. Mueller is a solid vet to plug into the 4th line, with expectations just being to work hard, forecheck, win FO's and stay away from turnovers.

I wasn't Hayes' biggest fan to make the team after the pre-season where his skating looked shaky to me. But, his regular season games so far... he looks good and doesn't look out of place at all. I think the Kreids - Hayes - Nash line is big, fast (on the wings), defensively responsible and plenty of offensive potential and I'm excited to see how that group works together. I have a feeling they are going to be O-zone possession monsters together and hopefully it translates to some goals.

I like what I've seen from Duclair so far and it's not like this game will count against his Jr. eligibility. It's a good idea to sit him since his body isn't used to playing so many games, especially at a higher level and higher physicality. Let him watch a little and absorb.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Pumped for Kreider-Hayes-Nash. That's a western conference type line. On the inverse, I think Zuc-Brassard-MSL will fail. Hope I'm wrong.

I like this game because I can now make my own comparison of Hayes to Thornton who I think Hayes could become IMO.

Similar styles sure, but do you mean upside wise? That's a huuge reach if so.

The last time these two teams played at MSG I threw ziti out of my 2nd floor window in anger

There goes the ziti.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Sam Rosen is trending on Twitter because he accidentally called the Carolina Panthers the Carolina Hurricanes. :(

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Why is AV struggling so badly to balance this lineup? Does he not realize MSL and Zucc together is not going to work just like Hagelin and Zucc doesn't work?

To me it is pretty obvious the best look is Kreider brassard Zucc

Then play hayes with MSL and nash if u really want to sit Duclair

But that fourth line doesn't work because malone can't skate.

You had hags and MSL play well with moore when they've had to so why not just stick with whAt works? Why is this so difficult for AV?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I find it somewhat peculiar that we are *SO* shafted "just" because Stepan is injured. His injury has literally removed any ability to maintain line consistency all the time Miller didnt take the step up.

The new MSL line experiment could work against a smaller team, but how are they going to even retrieve the puck against SJ. All O zone starts.

Digging the first line, like many others, pure beefcake lineup

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Why is AV struggling so badly to balance this lineup? Does he not realize MSL and Zucc together is not going to work just like Hagelin and Zucc doesn't work?

To me it is pretty obvious the best look is Kreider brassard Zucc

Then play hayes with MSL and nash if u really want to sit Duclair

But that fourth line doesn't work because malone can't skate.

You had hags and MSL play well with moore when they've had to so why not just stick with whAt works? Why is this so difficult for AV?

Excuse me, but I'll support the decisions of the guy that led 2 teams to the SCF over an internet keyboard warrior. ;)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The last time these two teams played at MSG I threw ziti out of my 2nd floor window in anger

I can see why. Last time we played these guys at the Garden, we throttled them in possession and Niemi did backflips. Very frustrating game.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Still doesn't explain the disarray

U were in a Cup final wirh mainly same roster just a few months ago. We played games without StepAn or brassard at times

Replace pouliot ok we have Duclair replace richards ok have hayes or miller and StepAn hurt ok moore moves up

Why he's breaking up brassard and Zucc or playing hagelin all over the place makes no sense

Kreider hayes Nash
Duclair Brassard Zucc
Hags Moore MSL ( this was third line when richards couldnt do it anymore
Glass Mueller Stempniak

Not difficult

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
I like this game because I can now make my own comparison of Hayes to Thornton who I think Hayes could become IMO.

I always see Jumbo Joe when i watch Hayes. Glad i'm not the only one. Hoping that he becomes an elite scorer is a bit far fetched, but if he can develop to be a better version of Nik Antropov (better vision), i'll be happy.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I'll be shocked if they pull this one out tonight. Sharks should be tired though, so they have that going for them. It's amazing how two "key" injuries can throw everything out of whack. The Rangers are a deep team, but the two guys missing from the lineup create a domino effect that throws everything off.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Still doesn't explain the disarray

U were in a Cup final wirh mainly same roster just a few months ago. We played games without StepAn or brassard at times

Replace pouliot ok we have Duclair replace richards ok have hayes or miller and StepAn hurt ok moore moves up

Why he's breaking up brassard and Zucc or playing hagelin all over the place makes no sense

Kreider hayes Nash
Duclair Brassard Zucc
Hags Moore MSL ( this was third line when richards couldnt do it anymore
Glass Mueller Stempniak

Not difficult

Hasnt Duclairs issue been his boardwork ?

Pouliots advantage was both his release and the fact that he was strong along the boards. Im not sure Duclair is such an amazing for for that line afterall

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
about 2 hours to gametime?

plenty of time to get some beauty sleep...

Then after the game's over I og back to sleep for 3 hours before stressing of to work..

Ahh....the joy's of being a European Fan...

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
That first line will be interesting. Obviously Hayes, with what three NHL games on his resume, may not be ideal there, but then again,like he said, that line has excellent size/strength down-low, and he's really strong on the puck, so he might not need to keep up with the other two in terms of skating and shooting... boom or bust... either way, it'll be exciting to see,and Hayes appears to gave the perfect disposition for adapting under pressure.

Next line is the polar opposite in terms of size, and I swear I remember these guys not faring well together during the playoff run. Hope springs eternal--I'd use Malone in place of MZA.

Moore-Hagelin-Stempniak is exciting. Parts speed, defense, offense, toughness, 1000% effort. Could be the best line tonight.

I think Malone should get more TOI... Glass is Glass... hope Mueller is like John Mitchell was...

The D is ok... Henrik lets in 4+, it's time to experiment with Talbot again.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
That first line will be interesting. Obviously Hayes, with what three NHL games on his resume, may not be ideal there, but then again,like he said, that line has excellent size/strength down-low, and he's really strong on the puck, so he might not need to keep up with the other two in terms of skating and shooting... boom or bust... either way, it'll be exciting to see,and Hayes appears to gave the perfect disposition for adapting under pressure.

Next line is the polar opposite in terms of size, and I swear I remember these guys not faring well together during the playoff run. Hope springs eternal--I'd use Malone in place of MZA.

Moore-Hagelin-Stempniak is exciting. Parts speed, defense, offense, toughness, 1000% effort. Could be the best line tonight.

I think Malone should get more TOI... Glass is Glass... hope Mueller is like John Mitchell was...

The D is ok... Henrik lets in 4+, it's time to experiment with Talbot again.

I'd prefer someone with Size as well, but wouldnt that suggestion put zucc either on the 4th line or the bench with the current line-setup? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad