GDT: 6/10/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Our 20 year old back up allows 2 goals one of them lucky.
Our pp sucked big time.
Faceoff percentage was horrible.
We missed many opportunities and only score one goal and you think goaltending was the problem...give me a break!

One lucky and one bad a horrible rebound given off a bad angle shot, both goals weren't good ones.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i hope bishop is back saturday. not because vasi wasn't good, but because the team plays differently in front of him, and tries to protect him too much. last night reminded me of game #1, and not just the score.

safe is death amigos. we cannot play a complete shutdown game, and score on a 40 minute duncan keith. he just won't get tired enough. we have to hammer them all game and just rely on our goalie to make the saves he needs to make.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
i hope bishop is back saturday. not because vasi wasn't good, but because the team plays differently in front of him, and tries to protect him too much. last night reminded me of game #1, and not just the score.

safe is death amigos. we cannot play a complete shutdown game, and score on a 40 minute duncan keith. he just won't get tired enough. we have to hammer them all game and just rely on our goalie to make the saves he needs to make.

EXACTLY right. I thought the same thing all the way through. We weren't as aggressive so we didn't have as many good rush chances etc.

im very surprised by this he said he wanted to make sure was ready for the last 3 games??

i just got to say that is a boatload of confidence lol

i cant believe he made call but is what it is hope he can go these next ones

Well, that is the practical decision. Anything to do with lower-body or the core is very tough for a goalie to make it through and can largely diminish their performance. Even though he did well in game 3, I think we all knew that level of success wouldn't continue with his lateral mobility impaired like that.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Refs swallowed their whistle in the end of game 4, it was pretty noticeable and IMO it's true refs favored a bit Tampa in game 4.... but the clutching and grabbing ? it's nowhere near to the Detroit series, I mean on light years basis.

Really? There were quite a few non calls in Chicago's favor that were pretty ridiculous.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Our 20 year old back up allows 2 goals one of them lucky.
Our pp sucked big time.
Faceoff percentage was horrible.
We missed many opportunities and only score one goal and you think goaltending was the problem...give me a break!

Everyone seems to forget how the team plays in front of a shaky backup goalie, regardless of how well that goalie plays in the game.

Edit: ie, we don't play very well with a backup goalie.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Everyone seems to forget how the team plays in front of a shaky backup goalie, regardless of how well that goalie plays in the game.

Edit: ie, we don't play very well with a backup goalie.

Agreed. They ALWAYS play differently when Vasi or Nabokov or Lindback or whoever other than Bishop is in net. They just have more confidence with Bish back there. Hopefully we see Bishop back in and a bit more healthy and actually play our game.

No faith in this team whatsoever right now, tho. We play like crap at home and we have potentially 2 home games left. Only upside is we seem to play better in the later part of series this postseason. Can't go down 3-2 or it's over.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Agreed. They ALWAYS play differently when Vasi or Nabokov or Lindback or whoever other than Bishop is in net. They just have more confidence with Bish back there. Hopefully we see Bishop back in and a bit more healthy and actually play our game.

No faith in this team whatsoever right now, tho. We play like crap at home and we have potentially 2 home games left. Only upside is we seem to play better in the later part of series this postseason. Can't go down 3-2 or it's over.

When we are down 4-2 or 4-3 its over.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

I will not disagree at all...

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

Bishop is a crazy good goalie, no one can deny that. If Bishop CAN play, and pull out two more Game 3 performances, with a little puck luck...

We'll have Lord Stanley back in Tampa come Tuesday afternoon.

*fingers crossed*

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Vas gave up 2 goals.Plus when your team only scores one goal in regulation--you're not going to win the game.

If Bishop played they still would have lost.

Don't you think the team plays differently in front of each goaltender?

I thought they were protecting Vasy as much as possible. They don't do that with Bishop.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Don't you think the team plays differently in front of each goaltender?

I thought they were protecting Vasy as much as possible. They don't do that with Bishop.

They played exactly that same way with Bishop in net for game 1. It really is not surprising it yielded the exact same result.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Series isn't over until a team has 4 wins. Quite the pessimistic bunch when we're tied at 2 with home ice advantage and there's loser talk. This series is going 7 games, just like most initially predicted. Both teams are too good for it to end in 5 or 6 games.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we simply missed scoring chances by centimeters by chicago getting bodies in front of us by bad luck maybe at times

we played good for vasi as good as ive seen us play really for ben

kucherov could have scored
killer flipper stamkos were glaring missing was others i think we should have won 4-2 the last game

is all good we will bounce back and be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad