GDT: 6/1 ECF Game 1: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Glad to hear it. So many members of the media seem to have bought into their own narrative about how great Pittsburgh is that they think the only way to beat them is to assault them or some such nonsense.

Krejci had it right, if only they were listening: play as a team.

This may be where the B's have the edge.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I still can't figure out what the bruins did to "get under the skin of Malkin and Crosby."

Seriously, can anyone think of a single thing the bruins did?

Not a single thing, but I think the fact that the Pens offense got neutered by the Bruins frustrated them so badly that this is what caused them to slip off their game. I honestly think the Pens thought they were going to steamroll the Bruins. It almost succeeded, too. The first what, 5 minutes of the game, seemed like it was all Pens, all the time. Once the Bruins recovered and began the shutdown of the Pens offense, the frustration set in. The Pens couldn't do anything to overcome it so they simmered until they boiled.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Not a single thing, but I think the fact that the Pens offense got neutered by the Bruins frustrated them so badly that this is what caused them to slip off their game. I honestly think the Pens thought they were going to steamroll the Bruins. It almost succeeded, too. The first what, 5 minutes of the game, seemed like it was all Pens, all the time. Once the Bruins recovered and began the shutdown of the Pens offense, the frustration set in. The Pens couldn't do anything to overcome it so they simmered until they boiled.

I completely agree. The pens came out of the gates hard and fast almost expecting the B's to quit. As history has shown this team plays harder the harder you come at them. I don't know if the pens have the mentality to go 7 games. It's like they thought he B's would be in awe or totally out matched. I thought CJ did a gratuitous job of stopping the team from running and gunning like he said in his press conf. Crosby ismamtalented player but perhaps he is not captain material. Perhaps to much of ahead case when things don't go his way. I supose time will tell. Let's go bruins!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad