GDT: 6/1/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
Been a long +week, waiting. Anxious to get this one started. But please no injuries & hope we can try to score early. Let's show them what we've got! Go Bolts!

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think we're the first cap era back to back Cup winner that made it all the way to the conference final during the third season. Not that I'm "just happy to be here", but it's definitely a worthy Cup defense effort at this point.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Last game I'll see from Europe, and the Lightning are 7-1 since I came over here, so I'm actually kinda regretting things from that POV. I wanted them to still be playing once I returned, and that will be the case. Fully hoping for a 1-0 lead once I'm back, and there's every reason they can get it.

Hopefully by the time their skating legs are back under them, they're still in the game and have weathered the storm. New York might be tiring as the game wears on and so that would play to our benefit if it's close.
We're going to need you to overstay your visa. Ask yourself what's really important here.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The layoff concerns me a bit. It could take 1 or 2 games to get back into "playoff mode". As long as we dont go down 3-0, I like our chances. Splitting the first 2 games sounds like a bonus to me.

If we get a win in the first 2, even 3 games, I think it goes downhill for the Rangers fast. But I wouldn't bet on this series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
The layoff would concern me for the rust we'll probably show in the first period tonight, but overall the layoff couldn't come at a better time for us. 9 days for the boys to heal and get ready to once again do whatever it takes to win.
This rest will show its benefits later on in the series.

And honestly, this group is as hungry as ever. Rust or not they'll come out hunting tonight.
Let's get it!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I watched a few games from the Rangers-Pens series and I watched a few games from the Canes series too. Both teams obviously lost to NY but I think there's a lot we could take from those games. When Shesterkin struggled early in the 1st round, the Pens had the Rangers running around in their own zone and were just cashing in on the their mistakes. And in the 2nd round there were games where the Canes completely shutdown the neutral zone and made Panarin and Kreider useless. I think the Ranger's most consistent line has been their kid line with Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko. And on defense, Fox is going to get a lot of attention, but Lindgren has been really solid. Very underrated player.

The bolts need to be as strong structurally in this series as they were against Florida. Physically we should be in a much better place than we were a week ago, but let's see if we're sharp mentally. Same goes for Vasy who was in a great rhythm.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If someone could post a "Is Shesterkin the greatest goalie of all-time?" thread on the main boards, that would be great. Let's get the anti-jinxes going

:sarcasm:
tumblr_pqa7hfuXd31ua45zn_1280.gifv

Apparently they have the best Defenseman and Goalie in the world…
I'm skeered of them.

G7gi.gif

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
Apparently the word of the day is RUST. Hopefully it gets replaced by something else like Ready, Refreshed, Rested or Rejuvenated.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
mEH

Not even worried about this.. will be just a bit tougher than the kitty kats..

i expect us to win in 5.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sick to my stomach. Between the usual slow starts and Vasy rust after rest, we are doomed. But there is a light shining through the darkness. Our beacon, our lighthouse of Alexandria. The Apostle, Jan Rutta. May his greatness embrace your soul and bring warmth and the win.

Series hasn’t even started and Rangers fans are probably the biggest ass hats we’ve faced
That's a huge bar to set considering we beat the Leafs.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I said before the Panthers series that to win we were going to need Stamkos to step up, I wasn't aware that Florida had no interest in advancing. But this series he'll definitely have to, and so will Hagel. I don't anticipate another several goals from Perry, or a NY team that looks as bad as Florida did. So we're going to need production from these guys (Stamkos, Hagel) in a big way.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I said before the Panthers series that to win we were going to need Stamkos to step up, I wasn't aware that Florida had no interest in advancing. But this series he'll definitely have to, and so will Hagel. I don't anticipate another several goals from Perry, or a NY team that looks as bad as Florida did. So we're going to need production from these guys (Stamkos, Hagel) in a big way.
I don't think the Rangers will play as bad as Florida.
The Cats were completely out of gas, probably. And their special teams (the PP) was awful.
NY will be a different story.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I'm jumping in with the 'lots of rust, Vasi struggles tonight' crowd. Can't wait to read on the main boards all about how much better Shesterkin and Fox are and how the torch has been handed on to the team of destiny. Nobody can over overreact NY fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad