Confirmed with Link: 5th round - #126OA - LW Luke Stevens - Noble & Greenough (HS-Mass)

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I like it. Why waste a pick on someone everyone seems to agree is on the path to nowhere, when you can take a flier on some highschool kid who's father once put up 180+ goals over 4 seasons.

Or it could just be a nepotism thing, since Ron was teammates with Kevin back in the day, I suppose.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I like it. Why waste a pick on someone everyone seems to agree is on the path to nowhere, when you can take a flier on some highschool kid who's father once put up 180+ goals over 4 seasons.

Or it could just be a nepotism thing, since Ron was teammates with Kevin back in the day, I suppose.

I don't think it's a nepotism thing, maybe they're more aware of him than some teams, but if you watch him it's not hard to see he could really put it together. You're at this point in the draft you just lose a lot of project-ability on most of the prospects. The draft being at 18 sometimes some kids aren't where they will be with their bodies and sometimes they are, you just can't know. He definitely can skate and see the ice, put up points playing at a solid level, it's not like throwing away a pick and he could have easily gone to 20 other teams within 30 picks. I'd be psyched to see what he does in the next few years cause that will be huge.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Decent, if unspectacular career at Yale.

Any reason to think he receives an ELC ? Seems more likely that he begins his career with either a minor league or European opportunity.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Garbage, nepotism, waste of a pick. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say this and Josh Wesley are 100% the reason Ron Francis is no longer here.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad