Value of: 5th Overall in a 1:1 - Straight Up Trade

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Is that the going rate for 50 point d-men now?

I did not say it was fair, just that he is the best asset I would offer. It's a case of all our assets being worth more or less but Gardiner being the closest.

Surely Kadri is worth more than Gardiner but less than 5OA?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
30 goal C? would not trade that for 5th. You're lucky if the guy you draft is as good as Kadri, he almost certainly is not a C and you don't know how long until the pick is a real player and then....there's a good chance you downgraded.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

Kadri has back to back 32 goal seasons as a shut down center on a sweetheart contract. I think most teams take that over 5th overall but rebuilding teams however a team like Arizona would be better off keeping it and continuing to build.

Reactions: Critical
Feb 24, 2017
Is that the going rate for 50 point d-men now?

I did not say it was fair, just that he is the best asset I would offer. It's a case of all our assets being worth more or less but Gardiner being the closest.
Nylander is about that worth. And I’d do it were I Toronto. Gardiner doesn’t sniff the top 20.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nylander is about that worth. And I’d do it were I Toronto. Gardiner doesn’t sniff the top 20.

Maybe, this draft I'm not sure 5th is enough. I never said Gardiner was worth 5th, you even quoted it...I doubt many would trade Nylander for 5th. You'd be downgrading unless you grabbed the 2nd best D man and then you are waiting how many years?

Feb 24, 2017
Maybe, this draft I'm not sure 5th is enough. I never said Gardiner was worth 5th, you even quoted it...I doubt many would trade Nylander for 5th. You'd be downgrading unless you grabbed the 2nd best D man and then you are waiting how many years?
I think I am just opining that I disagree with you that Gardiner was the closest value to a top 5 pick. I think nylander fits that bill best. Reilly Matthews and now Marner out of the pick’s range.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Anyone other than granlund or dumba would be on the table from Minnesota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad